PDA

View Full Version : first time your heart got broken?

250r_doverdemon
11-09-2011, 01:56 AM
me and my girlfriend of 1 year just broke up.. hard to walk away but we want different things in life and it wont workout right.. i know il regret not staying with her but hopefully it works out for the better...

so the question is how old were you, why and do you regret it?

Vealmonkey
11-09-2011, 02:53 AM
These threads usually don't turn out well. Be glad it happened when it did instead of with a whole lot more attachments or complications.

dcreel
11-09-2011, 03:22 AM
I've been divorced twice and had 2 custody battles. I have a 7 year old son in New Jersey, and a 9 year old daughter in Mississippi. My heart is broken every day without my children.

You don't have children, consider yourself very very lucky. Until you have been married, or in a long term relationship with someone who you KNOW cares for you and your well being.. wear a condom. EVERY TIME. I hate to sound cynical but, for every 20 women you meet, lust after, think you love.. there is 1 that really cares about you. The hardest part is discerning which one she is in the shell game of life..

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Walk away knowing your next relationship will be better for the experience.

After the lies, deceit, and pain.. I managed to meet a really wonderful woman. She let me marry her on Halloween. We've been married 4 years last Halloween and when it's a great one.. you know it's a great one.

And she rides a 250R.. :drool:

tri again
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Sometimes the person is right but the timing is not.

I'd stay as cool and clear as humanly possible, not necessarily daily interactive friends
but the option to be at a later time.
Everyone says this is the time to 'take care of yourself'. Surely your attention was concentrated
and diverted towards the relationship.
Stay calm, stay busy. Talk if you have to.
Many sites have great advice on this topic, and in a more logical pattern than I can muster
at daybreak. google, 'surviving a breakup'

as far as your orig question?
Seems like hearts need to break in order to grow sometimes.
I was probably 5 or 6 when I experienced the feeling of 'loss'

They say we are here to evolve and learn.
Some say to evolve spiritually so the next time around we will be wiser.
and evolve to the point where we never have to feel pain ever again.
If you can, take it for an opportunity to advance.

..and listen to mr dc in ks.
Be glad you're not dividing up the family farm, who gets the dog and wondering
how much you'll miss the kids.
No matter how simple or complicated, it certainly can rattle one to the core of being and reason..
Don't feel weak if it hurts.
BaZillions of people go thru this so there is tons of good info and support out there.

JasonB
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
1st time I got my heart broken was selling my 85 250sx that I spent over 3000 restoring. Cried the entire drive down to sell it.

jk, I know how it goes man. everything feels dull for a while but in the end you will feel so much better. Life is so much better when your away from a relationship that was holding you back.

Dammit!
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
first time your heart got broken?

1987. The consent decree.

leviblue
11-09-2011, 03:13 PM
i cried, shut myself away,crossed her name off all my notebooks, ate a ton of chocolate (gained 40lbs), listened to our song over and over, watched ALL of julia roberts movies( cuz she always finds love in the end),called her 1000 times just to hear her voice then hang-up, and cried some more....... oh wait that happened in a julia roberts movie too.
really i got shtfaced and nailed her best friend. much better than stated above. come on man your young and there's lots of fish in the sea. just cast a line and try again.it was just a year in your young life and trust me you'll have more so get back on the horse brother. play the feild and have fun.
like others said your lucky you didn't have kids or go through the courts. THAT HURTS!!!!! even with a prenup my ex dragged me through the sht. we had no kids but she wanted my dog(not really) and was willing to drive me crazy to brake me. she even bought the house next to mine just to F with my head!!!!
sure it hurts but thats love..........................oh and if you do find one that rides a 250R,,,,, MARRY HER!!!!!!!!!!

jb2wheels
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I was 26. The Rams moved to St Louis.

rdlsz24
11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
How old are you doverdemon? I wouldn't sweat it, like the others said plenty of other girls. I made the mistake of dating the same girl the last 2 years of high school and all through college. Talk about wasted opportunties to hang out with my buddies and do random girls! Once we broke up and I started hanging out and going to bars with my buddies I realized what I missed out on. I was 23 when we broke up so I had to make up for lost time lol. I'm now 29 and married to a different girl.

Rob

bkm
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I was 26. The Rams moved to St Louis.Seriously, the F'n Rams. Please take these Bums back with you.:lol:

jb2wheels
11-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I know. I can't help it. I grew up in SoCal and a Rams fan for all those years they sucked. I'm a little too young to remember their good years in LA. My best friend was a Cowboys fan. The Rams were their female dog. Then ymoved to St Louis and won a few games. At least they returned lately to their sucking ways.

dcreel
11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I know. I can't help it. I grew up in SoCal and a Rams fan for all those years they sucked.

Me too.. I even worked at the Anaheim Stadium for 5 years in the warehouse delivering stuff to the stands.. The Rams and the Angels are my teams for life. Sink or swim...

bkm
11-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I know. I can't help it. I grew up in SoCal and a Rams fan for all those years they sucked. I'm a little too young to remember their good years in LA. My best friend was a Cowboys fan. The Rams were their female dog. Then ymoved to St Louis and won a few games. At least they returned lately to their sucking ways.I'm still heartbroken after the Cardinals left for Arizona. They sucked even worse then the Rams, but they were my team growing up. The 99-00 "Greatest show on Turf" Rams were fun, but other than that I couldn't care less. I have never seen a team draft so poorly like the Rams. Its really frustrating.

badass350x
11-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah at your age I would be reeling every fish in the sea I could possible catch! Lol..... before you know it your pushing 45 50 years old and then your wishing you would have done that. Life is really too short!!!!

Chazz of Blades
11-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Could be worse. I found out my girlfriend of almost two years was a lying, cheating tramp when her mother(!!!) caught her with three guys the night I was making my way home from Palestine last November. THAT was a fun conversation.

RideRed250R
11-11-2011, 01:55 AM
yah i was heart broke once.... it was a mystical night of love, lust and meaningless sex, it was amazing, this girl was like a 12 and rode me like a rodeo.... when we where just laying next to each other and I was trying to find the words to tell her how I felt, she leaned over me, caressed my cheek and reached across to the night stand, she grabbed my wallet and removed 2 twenties and said she had to get back to the street.....

I was pissed and frustrated... and couldnt believe what just happend.... We agreed on 35 before she ever got into the damn car.