PDA

View Full Version : Tecate A2 Questions

cochran
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I just purchased an A2 last week and lets just say it needs some work. I am looking for OEM parts availability but cant seem to find it on Kawasaki's website. Does anyone have a link?
Also I read on an older post that HRE ATV builds swingers for the Tecate that uses 400ex components. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these.
Thanks,
Kevin

STiForester
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Motosport is where I just got gaskets from but they didn't have some things. There is a vintage bike shop by my house in pa that had everything for it. I'm currently bringing an A2 back to life myself

dcreel
11-11-2011, 02:52 PM
To check availability go to www.kawasaki.com owner info > drop down menu > parts diagrams > fill out the info per model and a pop up window with the parts diagrams will appear. It will tell you the availability of oem parts and will also tell you of superceded part numbers and what models use each part number.

There are parts that are discontinued like the swingarm chain slider and intake boot that are made by jeswinehart on this site. I'm not sure if you can join the groups yet but we have a Tecate group on the site with lots of info.

STiForester
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
For carb stuff check out sudco

cochran
11-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Hey thanks guys. Dcreel, I was able to get there and had to adjust my pop-up blocker to see availability.

cochran
11-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I did join the Tecate group and read threads on all 38 pages in the discussion. Lots of good stuff there.