PDA

View Full Version : ebay's atholcycle

stroberts22
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160648443068?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=160648443068&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr
I purchased a 250r motor from these guys which the ad said good running motor with a recent rebuild with less than 5 hours on it and ready to bolt in. I pressure checked the motor and found out that there was no way this motor could run. It has one of the worst leaks you could possibly have. They wanted me to send it back to them on my dime and you know shipping a motor is not cheap. I will never buy from atholcycle again. Here's a video of the pressure test.http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/stroberts22/th_MVI_0898.jpg (http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz40/stroberts22/?action=view&current=MVI_0898.mp4)

dcreel
11-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for posting this.. I won't buy anything from them either. Seems stupid as they sell a lot of trike stuff and their feedback is good..

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
11-11-2011, 05:16 PM
It probably had less than five hours on it cause they couldn't get it to run lol. I'll make a note never to buy from them what a bunch of dirtbags.

stroberts22
11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
It probably had less than five hours on it cause they couldn't get it to run lol. I'll make a note never to buy from them what a bunch of dirtbags.I hope they didn't get it running because if they did the piston is probally toast.

whyzee
11-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Contact PayPal immediately . Also if you payed with a credit card through PayPal call them also. That is crap!

cbx1170
11-11-2011, 08:21 PM
exhaust port capped off? cant do leak/pressure test without that!!!

Duh... Sorry just watched video. still cap the exhaust and show them this video.

KASEY
11-11-2011, 08:30 PM
topend leak is something you can deal with pretty easy!! but THAT IS NOT RIGHT!! i would file a claim with paypal and ebay.... thats a costly fix that you surley do not deserve!!!!

stroberts22
11-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Exhaust port is capped off in the video. I got a rubber expansion plug in the exhaust flange. All the air you hear is coming out the bottom of the case. Ebay also deleted my negative feedback on atholcycle because they sided with them on the case.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
well that sucks what a bunch of bull@#$%.

dcreel
11-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Ebay deleted the negative feedback you gave him? WTF?

stroberts22
11-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Okay here's the whole story. I recieved the package and found out it was bad. I contacted the seller and told them about it and they told me to see how much it would be to get it fixed. I contacted a local engine builder and he said he would do it for $200 so I contacted the seller and told him what he quoted. Then they offered me a refund of $150 but this was not enuff to get it fixed so I asked for $200 again but he said then just send it back but I would be out the shipping and insurance to send it back. This was unacceptable to me because they would just part it out and another 250r motor would be gone. I contacted them again and here were I messed up I said that I was fixing to leave feedback and needed to know what you are going to do about it. Ebay considered this extorting and this is where my feedback got deleted. If this seller done this how much stock can you put into anybody's feedback if they can have the bad feedback delete especially if the are a big seller that knows how to work the system. I didn't think my request for $200 was too much especially if he had to split the cases. Oh well I just have to buy a gasket set and split the cases myself to get the motor right. I probally won't be dealing on ebay anymore either.

captainweezy
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Just to let you know I was getting ready to place a bid on a set of wheels and tires for a 350x but remembered this post........The price was right but I passed....:beer

Mosh
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
EBAY SUCKS....I would rather pay a higher price and get something from a store or another member.

R-tifacts
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Good to know, thanks for posting.

Swinger
11-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Thats F'in crazy that they can delete feedback like that! Just 1/2 hr ago I posted my first thing on ebay (250R tank) that I have about 5 hours into a restore on it and they want to charge me over $6 for posting it. Maybe I did something wrong but Im gonna see how this first one goes to see if Ill do it ever again! Thanks for the info on athocycle!

stroberts22
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I opened the motor up today to start to fix it and found another mistake in the discription of the motor. The discription said that it was bored to 290cc but I found a 68.50mm piston and I think that that calculates to 265.34cc. I couldn't sell a motor that I didn't know anything about it. I got a gasket set and going to get it sealed up then see how it runs. I hope I don't find anymore disappointments.

86T3
11-24-2011, 10:04 PM
You should buy something real small and cheap from them and then leave the bad feedback on that. Won't get you any money back but could put a smile on your face.

pantera1975
11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Ebay does blow for some items. Electrical and motor I would not buy. I got a stator from a place It was coming up on a year for the warranty to expire per Ricks electric. I bought it thru a seller on ebay never used it had it for almost 10 months in a box. It tested out bad and my motor wouldn't even fire with it. I emailed, called and emailed more to the seller. I was always nice in the messages and emails just asking what the policy was for warranty I never herd anything for 2 month. Then I emailed again 2 weeks b 4 the 1 yr purchase date and said I want a answer and my money back. I was rude then. the next day I had a response saying his policy was no returns. I was fine with that then. So Im out $135.00 on a stator. But All I needed was the answer that took 2 months. I dont know why people gotta be like that. It was my fault I didn't read the auction in the end. I feel for you If the seller isnt screwin you the buyer is if you sell something.

Swinger
11-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Has a lot of people had bad dealings with these guys. I have a bunch of things of theirs on my watch list and is pretty cheap and almost pulled the trigger a few times but this thread keeps popping up in my mind. Has others bought off of them and had good dealings??

pantera1975
11-26-2011, 09:47 AM
He would be fine, Pretty much anyone is fine to buy stuff from of ebay as long as you think theirs no chance you will need to return. In my case I called and asked aout XCbobs policy and he never would respond. I just wanted a yes or no answer.

250rmanfmf
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
ditto on selling motors on ebay. I have gotten bit way too many times selling a whole motor that I bought from a guy with a parts bike that told me it has 2 hours on rebuild and then I sell it and the buyer tells me 3rd gear is gone or something like that. I had an issue with 50% of my motor sales. No more.

By the way what was leaking? Was the crank seal leaking?

Tyler

stroberts22
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
The center case gasket. You have to split the cases. Gaskets are cheap but the labor to split the cases is costly.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-26-2011, 06:21 PM
This reminds me of a "complete, running engine pulled from a good running quad" 250r engine my brother bought from ebay a few years ago. I don't know if it was the same seller, but all I know is when he got his engine, found an obviously cracked piston skirt. (intake side, reed valve assembly removed and very easy to spot I might ad). Also, flywheel and stator were removed and was NOT disclosed in the ad. Long story short, the jerk offered nothing but for my brother to return the engine for a refund, minus shipping. And my brother was supposed to pay return shipping!! Real class act that one was. I wouldnt be suprised if it was the same seller....

gus
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow that totally sucks. I was going to put my 1986 250r on there to see what I would get but not no more I will just try to sell it local and see what happens

Mosh
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like someone from Idaho just signed up here and voted every post down in this thread...
:shiftyeyes:

That is way better than just giving a logical explanation.
Just backed this whole deal up with that mindset.

grtrat1
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Looks like someone from Idaho just signed up here and voted every post down in this thread...
:shiftyeyes:

That is way better than just giving a logical explanation.
Just backed this whole deal up with that mindset.

Thats funny.. I just noticed that...

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Thats the same place the seller is from. The profile say the name is janice, they've made no posts just came here. I'd say it's a good bet this is your seller here.

thestud25
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey "Purplemnm" if you are Atholcycle your are doing nothing but hurt what little if any credibility you had left on here. If I were you, I would have posted my side of the story instead of being a little baby and doing what you have done so far. If you are not Atholcycle then what is the reason behind all of the "Dislikes"?

ST, I think you have a valid point and I would do as many other people have suggested and file a complaint with Paypal, Ebay and your credit card company.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Looks like purplemnm might have :banned: in his future.....If he dislikes all of those posts, I wonder why he doesn't retort???

Mr. Clean
12-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I am not defending purplemnm or whatever the hell their name is. But they cant retort in this thread for one simple reason. THEY CANT....due to the new 3WW posting policy until two months and 10 posts.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/136743-How-to-gain-posting-access-to-the-rest-of-the-site

Mosh
12-05-2011, 08:25 PM
They still could have posted their statements in the new members forum and linked this thread.
I mean simply, if they are smart enough to navigate Ebay's listing hurdles, deal with paypal and get Ebay to retort a negative feedback, I have a hard time believing that they could not find a simple way to address concerns in a simple posting. That tells me they are computer literate enough to navigate the forum.
Either way a glitch that the mods will work out.