PDA

View Full Version : ATC 90 price

weidjd
11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I am looking at getting a 1978 atc 90 that needs some carb work but is complete. What should I offer for this? $100?

coolpool
11-12-2011, 06:49 PM
A little friendly advice for you being a new member. If you want someones opinion on a 'what's it worth', you are going to have to provide decent pics and a more detailed description. The general consensus is; a trike is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If it's faily complete and a runner, $100 seems like a really good price. Then again if it needs a tank, seat recovered, tires, carb etc, then maybe it's not so good of a deal. It's a tough call without the whole story.

weidjd
11-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Talked to owner. He said runs well but does not stay running when idling. Seat needs to recovered. Dent in the gas tank. Fenders good. Tires have a slow leak. lol pretty much what you said. He will take $125 for it.

coolpool
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
If this is your first dealing with buying a trike, what I have learned is that only believe half of what the seller tells you. Go there expecting the worst and hope for the best. You need a figure in your head on what you want to spend on it. In most cases it's always better to spend more on a finished product. It doesn't take long for the costs to add up when fixing these up. That's why it's so important to get them cheap up front. Lucky for you there are a ton of parts available for the 90. If you go see it, get a pic or two and we'll give you our best guess at value.

weidjd
11-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Going to take a look tomorrow. Hoping for the best.

weidjd
11-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Well I gave him $90 for it. Needs some work to look good. Mechanically other than carb and some brake work seems fine. How do you fix the fiberglass rear fender?

weidjd
11-13-2011, 07:50 PM
After looking at the bike and pics on here. It seems it has a atc 110 fork set on it. The light setup is from what looks like an 84. Lol.

coolpool
11-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Sounds like you did alright at $90.00! Here is a link from my first fibreglass repair attempt. I'm no bodyman, but it seems to be holding up and looks good. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/130250-My-First-Attempt-at-a-Fibreglass-Repair?highlight=

weidjd
11-13-2011, 11:35 PM
the sounds about exactly like this one. I am also going to use it a learning experience , for $90 its not like I have bunch in it.yet

hoosierlogger
11-14-2011, 06:26 AM
I cant tell you how many times sellers have said "It just needs the carburetor cleaned to run." Dont believe it. If I cant hear it run I assume it needs a bore piston and rings. If you ever go to look at one that "only the needs carb cleaned" and you cant hear it run, look in the tail pipe. if you see an oily film on everything in it, stay away from it, or buy it cheap it likely needs a top end.

At $90 that sounds like a good starting point. post up some pictures when you get a chance.