PDA

View Full Version : No key for Go Kart! HELP!

MadMax
11-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey Yall,

I just bought a go kart for 80 bucks that they sell at wal mart for 800. It only needed the tires blown up, one new tire, the seat redone, and the pull rope retied. The other thing is that it didnt come with a key. And now it wont start because of that. I can get it to run a few seconds with startin fluid, but then it cuts off. How can I get around not having the key to turn it on????? It is like a 97-99 murray 2 seater 6.0hp go kart 195cc.

somebody PLEASE help me!!!!

MadMax

ejc042
11-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Remove the key switch and use a push button on off switch.

thefox
11-07-2003, 01:28 PM
If you can get it to run on starter fluid then why do you need to replace the key? Dose it not have another kill switch?

-Andrew

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-08-2003, 02:42 AM
well.....key's are gay, to get rid of the ket switch entirely heres what to do; rip the whole key thing out, there should be 2 main wires going to 2 metal screws/connecters on the back of the key switch, connect these wires, and if there is another one, ground that one out on a good place on the frame...............although, i dont exactly understand, a key switch usually wont let the spark plug spark when its in the off position, so if it is running when you put starter fluid in it, then the plug is obviously sparking, unless the key switch controls something letting the gas in the engine then i dont think they key is your problem