PDA

View Full Version : Big Red 250ES Accessory Terminal Questions

harvestblue
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I read in another thread on this page that somebody added a permanently "live" socket to their Big Red since the OEM plug is dead when the key is switched off. Anyone know how to do this? Pictures would be appreciated!

Also, I don't want to sound like an idiot here, but my main question is this: does the OEM accessory terminal generate any electricity whatsoever WITHOUT a battery even if I have the bike running? I have a little blue spinning magnetic bubble light that people who run with ambulances and/or fire companies usually plug into the cigarette lighter and put on the top of their car when going on a call, and I want to use it when I'm plowing. Yeah, I know, pretty corny, but oh well! ;) Anyway, I don't have a battery, and I want to know if I absolutely NEED to get one or not. Thanks!!!

dreux13
11-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure, but it's funny I saw this because I'm about to post a new thread about hooking up lights for plowing as well. I'll be going with led strobes so they don't take much power to run.

I'm not an electrical person, but the wiring diagram may help (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/201-ATC250ES-Big-Red). If it were me, I'd start her up and use a multimeter to test with to determine if power's coming.

harvestblue
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
I got it working over the weekend, and I answered my own question. The answer is yes, the accessory terminal DOES generate electricity even with out a battery, but the bike has to be running.