PDA

View Full Version : new here

jor593
11-15-2011, 12:13 AM
hi from michigan. i just bought my first 3 wheeler it is a 1984 honda 200es with a bent rear axel. i removed the rear axel today, cant wait to replace it and ride one for the first time.

tri again
11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
hi from michigan. i just bought my first 3 wheeler it is a 1984 honda 200es with a bent rear axel. i removed the rear axel today, cant wait to replace it and ride one for the first time.

FIRST? trike? I had a local gunsmith straighten my last bent axle..

A couple things I tell my visitors who want to ride.
NEVER put your foot down while rolling.
If you do, you'll only do it once.
Always a helmet.
Trikes are like a dirtbike with a built in kickstand.
Sometimes you'll turn the front wheel and it will go striaght.
They want to be 'ridden' as opposed to driven.

Go slow, get used to it. and you'll have a machine that will do anything
for years to come.
Snowstorms, and power outages, mud swamps and floods. Dragging trees and even cars
out of the way.
I simply cannot or would want to live without one (or 7).

Oh, and keep it sorta hidden.
They tend to multiply.

hoosierlogger
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I believe Dirtcrasher straightens axles and fork tubes for members here. You might send him a PM and ask. Welcome to the forum!

MonroeMike
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site.

Grindin' Gearz
11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the site! DrJoe has some good advice, I put my foot down ONCE. Lol I was going down a rocky path and thought it was going to tip, put my foot down, then saw ground sky ground sky ground sky.... Trike kept rolling down the trail until it slowed to a stop on its own. Thankfully many years have passed and many lessons have been learned. Hope you have a blast with your new obsession! :)

JasonB
11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
welcome! All you need to do is throw the axle on the ground, level, and it will straighten itself out :D ok not really. welcome!

R-tifacts
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome. Give it a good once over to be sure nothing else got tweeked durring the axle bending. Then ride ride and ride some more, you'll love it.

jor593
11-15-2011, 07:27 PM
the only other things i have found damaged were the front break handle (which has already been replaced) and the front rack which for cost purposes im going with out for awhile. i found a 3wheeler junk yard about 30 minutes away from me that straitens axles for $20 so i am going to take it there and hope all goes well but its pretty bent.