PDA

View Full Version : 200es axle question

Danable
11-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I couldn't find this exact subject covered in another thread. I have a 1984 200es that i picked up for a deal with one problem. the axle has a bend to it. My question is, can this be fixed? If so is it worth it to have an axle straightened instead of buying another. Also will an axle for a shaft driven 250 work in my 200 ?? Also do any of you guys that have been in the atc world longer than a week as I have know of a place I can get a used or new axle ?? Thanks for any help

dixietoolz
11-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Not sure if they have it but they seem to have lots of parts available here. Just placed a order with them yesterday.

http://www.westernhillshondayamaha.com

fabiodriven
11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Have it straightened. That's the cheapest and easiest way.

The axle from the 250 Big Red will not work, not even close. If you want to buy a good used one, you could check Ebay. I doubt they're available new anymore.

:welcome:

Howdy
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I agree straightening it is the way to go. The 84 200es axle is the same as a 84 TRX200 axle. No other machines use that axle so your very limited on replacements.
howdy

Danable
11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
would a standard machine shop do that type of work ? I may have found a friend that has an axle in his bone-yard. will the straightened axle be just as strong as a used one thats still in good shape ?? thanks for the help and quick response

fabiodriven
11-16-2011, 07:43 PM
It's a pretty straight-forward job for just about any machinist. If they can't figure it out, they shouldn't be near machines.

The straightened axle will be no weaker, except if there is a crack in the axle.