PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where Hang & Rattle is ?

whyzee
11-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Used to be a regular poster on here, I haven't seen any posts from him lately. Hope all is OK? ??

ezmoney1979
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I guess you missed the drama. There was a 3 vrs 4 wheelers thread that turned ugly and some punishments were handed out. I think he is at .org now.

whyzee
11-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Uh oh. I will try and find the thread if it is still around.

fabiodriven
11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
I was just thinking of him the other day. It's silly to just leave here, it doesn't accomplish or prove anything. I left here once not long after becoming a member, and obviously I came back. There are ups and downs, but you gotta just roll with the punches. It's the internet people, come on...

86T3
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I just sold him a T3 dogbone on .org. I never interacted with him when he was on this site, but he seems like a pretty nice guy. 100% agree with you fabio

whyzee
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
From what I gather he was banned? How ugly did it get?

R-tifacts
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
It was somewhat ugly, I think some ego's and or feelings got bruised maybe he'll come back in time.....

fabiodriven
11-18-2011, 12:47 PM
he seems like a pretty nice guy.

For the record he is a great guy.

whyzee
11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
He bought a seat from me awhile back and we stayed in touch every now and then but since I have been on here again I have been unable to contact him. Just read his messages and he states he was banned.
that's a big bummer. I know how passionate he is about his family and 3 wheelers. He always had some nice rides to share with us.

TrickShot
11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Uh oh. I will try and find the thread if it is still around.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/131879-3-Wheelers-out-performing-quads....AGAIN!

whyzee
11-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Seems to me a NEWB overstepped his bounds and Hang got a little too upset. No reason to ban a nice contributer over what seems to be a childish newb coming to our site and shooting his mouth off.
Am I missing something?

rdlsz24
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I think it was the part where Hang threatened the other dude or something lol. I don't really remember at this point. I think he is a nice guy and his kid seemed pretty cool too. I sent them a couple parts a year or so ago

Rob

Mosh
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
He was not banned permanently.
He was temporarily banned at the time, for a few days for posting physical threats.
After that ban time expired he had full access again.
It is his choice he has not been back.

Red Rider
11-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Seems to me a NEWB overstepped his bounds and Hang got a little too upset. No reason to ban a nice contributer over what seems to be a childish newb coming to our site and shooting his mouth off.
Am I missing something?Yes, you are. Regardless of whether or not a poster is a NEWB, as you put it, or a seasoned member, everyone should treat each other with the same respect.

It is his choice he has not been back.I think he's "punishing" this site by not gracing us with his presence. :crazy:

whyzee
11-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey Mosh, thanks for clearing it up for me. Physical threats of any kind should not be tolerated no matter how bad is someone pushes your buttons.

fabiodriven
11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/131879-3-Wheelers-out-performing-quads....AGAIN!

What a train wreck...

whyzee
11-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Just read the entire thread. Scooter trash is nothing but a loud mouth trouble maker. Hopefully he was banned permanently. Its easy to see why Hang and Rattle got so upset. If someone made fun of my daughters they too, would be in serious $$$. Maybe Hangs son is really subconscious about his weight. I know I was really skinny growing up and yea, it sucked royally. Hang said his son is a member on this site, so obviously he was reading the thread. Hang stuck up for his son, just like anyone of us with kids would do!
Definitely got out if hand in a hurry but I really didn't see anything wrong with Hangs response .
Call me crazy or just a dad protecting his family .

Billy Golightly
11-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure there was some other posts split off of tht thread for the mod forum.

85twofiftyES
11-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Do we have to open this can of worms again?

leviblue
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
robby's fine and dandy at .org... more to this than most know, even mods. yes mods did you know scottertrash went to .org the same day just to keep it going?? probley not but better to loose robby over a piece scottertrash. it's ashame cuz he's all about the younger riders and family riding... good or great guy doesn't say the half of it.

Dammit!
11-18-2011, 11:05 PM
People that know Hang defend him and act like he was treated unfairly in all this. I'd just like to point your attention to his reply to xfile in that other thread. That was completely uncalled for and essentially what started off that entire mess. Great guy or not, he should know better than to call someone an idiot and a pussy for nothing more than having a different opinion. For all he knew, xfile might have been the same age as his kid. That will get you three days to chill pretty much every time even without everything else went down in that thread.

Bottom line is, a thread got out of hand, at least one person got told to chill for three days, people overreacted, OMG IT'S THE INTERNET. Serious business you know. :lol: People can either get over it and move on or not.

Anyway, original poster's question has been asked and answered. Closing thread because nothing positive will come from further discussion of the matter and rehashing this is just going to kill more of my brain cells.

Edit: if anyone REALLY wants to discuss this, feel free to send me or another mod a PM.

Mosh
11-19-2011, 12:27 AM
I dont typically post after a thread is locked, but there are few more things I would like to say.
First of all, many people got banned for that whole event. Some permanent, some not.
2nd of all as stated Hang and Rattle was never perma banned. To not want to come back over a slight infraction, is his own choice. But in my eyes, it would be like getting a minor traffic ticket and claiming "I will never drive again". But it is his right. People have been banned or punished repeatedly on this site and still are very active posters. Some get over it, some take it personally.
Lastly, when his ban was lifted, his first post was this.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/132081-To-The-idiot-moderator(s)-who-banned-me?highlight

And pay very close attention to what Louis says in that thread. It is 2 cents worth of advice, that is worth gold.