PDA

View Full Version : 350x accessories/options, still around?

GothboY
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey all, hows it goin?
I was lookin at the brochures on here and I noticed that one of them, mentioned accessories like speedos and tachometers, etc. Im wondering if anyone on here either has or knows a place they can be obtained? Im sure ill never see them on ebay, plus im always lookin on there for 350x stuff anyway. Please and thank you!
-GothY-

350XJEDI
11-19-2011, 03:57 AM
:D they are hard to find ebay, or anywhere but they are out there $$$ :wondering

badass350x
11-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Yep big money if you find them!

Vealmonkey
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
The tachometer and tach mounting kits are rarer than the speedo and speedo mounting kits. The original run of speedos have black faces and white marking and say "ATC" on them. The newer speedos have black and white and red marked faces and there are MPH speedos and KPH speedos in canada. The speedos are universal, but the mounting kits are trike specific except for the kits that fits the atc90/110/125m/185s/200/200s and I believe the 200e since they have all the same size wheels and tires. New Old Stock (NOS) speedos can fetch up to $400 not including the mounting kit. The mounting kit has the gear drive, the cable the mount for the speedo (or tacho if it's a tacho mounting kit), the light kit for the speedo and any wires or mounting bits needed for the application. Some kits mount on the left side of the trike and some kits mount on the right side of the trike, depending on the trike. The gearboxes are pretty much trike specific, due to tire size, which side the gearbox mounts on and wether it's a disc brake or drum brake trike. There even was a small box that had a temp gauge and something else on it, but I can't remember what they are called. I've seen them for sale as they fit on motorcycles as well, but I have never seen a mounting kit for one. People have made custom mounts, some because they simply didn't have a stock mount or they made a mount to fit the speedo and tach together, which was never how they came from the factory. Other members have fabbed light bars, fender stiffeners and footpeg rubber covers as well. I don't know of anyone remaking the front fender extender or the rear fender extenders. You can at times find NOS bits, which may or may not go for big money depending on wether more than 1 person is bidding on them on ebay. Members have found bits and pieces at old dealerships as well, which are really neat treasures to find. The NOS gearbox kits are getting super tough to find. Most people find the bits and pieces to put the kit on their trike nowadays. If you live near a honda dealership that has been around since 1986 or before, you may want to check and see if they any old atc accessories. Even if you find some that don't fit your trike, pick them up as they may be future bargaining or trading pieces for stuff you may need for your trike. There are parts numbers on the site here once you get in the main section and do some looking back through old postings. Best of luck on your treasure hunting.

GothboY
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Dude! Good to know! thanks guys I WILL keep my eyes out for all varieties of stuff. thank you again! :)
-GothY-