PDA

View Full Version : Today's Deer Hunt - Success!

coolpool
11-20-2011, 12:11 AM
The boy and I braved the cold (0F with a -20F windchill) and went out for an afternoon hunt today. He managed to harvest this little 4x4 at 125 yds while the deer was facing us head on. Dropped it in one shot. We couldn't wait to open it up to warm up our hands! Enjoy the pics.

dirtflinger66
11-20-2011, 12:41 AM
that is sooo cool...congrats on the harvest and the good memories with your son, my daughter is dying to goand I made the promise for next year?! Awsome.

Swinger
11-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Congrats guys, nice deer! Tell him I said nice shot. My oldest is almost 6 and will be taking him out in a few years ( when he can sit still for more than 10 seconds)!! Its great being able to have a solid bond with your kids, doesnt matter what it is, sports, cards, games or even just spending time to watch a movie together. Good job Dad!

Thorpe
11-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Nice shooting young man! Better success than I had... I got skunked this year...

RIDE-RED 250r
11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Congrats! Nice buck! I'm 33 years old and your son has shot a bigger buck than I have at this point in my life! LOL! I have been taking my 7 year old son out with me here and there. Took him out last week and I ALMOST got a shot at a NICE 6-8 point buck...just didn't get a clean shot at him! So frustrating! It's a good thing to keep tradition alive with our young-uns, keep up the good work....MUCH better than sitting around with your face buried in a video game or something.....

Jerm1179
11-20-2011, 01:28 PM
always great to see the next gen enjoying the sport and time outdoors with their old man! tell him we said congrats! my neice dropped a nice medium sized doe yesterday during the youth hunt here in OH. i cant wait for gun season!