PDA

View Full Version : what would you say. ( I want this trike)

hillbilly 200x
11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi guys. I have found a 1985 honda atc 200x around the corner from my girl friends house in the spring sitting in the back yard of a house with no trap on it and up to the axle in dirt. So I stoped in and taked to the guy (20-22 years old) who owned it and he said he didn't want to sell it becuase he was going to rebuild. About three months ago I was out with the girl friend and seen the bike hadden moved an inch but this time it had some samll tree branches and stuff just siting on top of it. I went up and asked the guys mother if he would sell and she said she wanted it out of her back yard but the son didn't want to sell. So now it's the mid of NOV and I really don't want to see this bike sit there and rust into the ground over the winter so I was thinking about going over and offer hem a trap for the winter. I was planing on just buying a cheap trap at canadian tires and just leaving it on his door step with a note asking him to take 5min and cover it up and if he did want to sell it to give me a call. What would you guys do?

Thanks Aaron

coolpool
11-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Walk away. It's not your machine or your problem. It's a shame but you can't win them all. Maybe the Mom will pressure him to sell it to you next Spring. Keep trying but don't seem too interested if you want some bargaining room.

hoosierlogger
11-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Keep trying. He might realize that he isnt going to do anything with it and decide to sell it to you just to make sure it goes to a good home. Give mom your number, she will keep it if she knows you want it and she wants it gone. The minute he mentions thinking about getting rid of it, she will call you. Ill just about bet you, especially if she wants it gone bad enough.

bkm
11-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Instead of bringing the poor guy a trap, try bringing him a tarp.:D

hillbilly 200x
11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Walk away. It's not your machine or your problem. It's a shame but you can't win them all. Maybe the Mom will pressure him to sell it to you next Spring. Keep trying but don't seem too interested if you want some bargaining room. my dad said the same thing... I didn't like that answer.

Instead of bringing the poor guy a trap, try bringing him a tarp. I knew something looked wrong dame google must have given me the wrong word.

Swinger
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I did kinda the same thing a month ago. Found a Tecate sitting in an old barn that we were building a new barn next to. Didnt look like it was used for a while so I asked if they would be interested in selling it. Was told that the clutch cable broke 10 years ago and its been sitting ever since. They kind of beat around the bush a bit so I waited 2 days and asked again. Same thing. So on one of my last days at that job site I took in a clutch cable and gave it to the old man and said I didnt want anything for it but if they decide to sell it give me a call. Well... still no call! Maybe some day though but at least I know its inside anyhow. I will try again someday and you should too!!

RIDE-RED 250r
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I agree with Coolpool. If he's not budging, better let it be for now.

But, it couldn't hurt to wave a few bucks cash under his nose for the heck of it. If he still doesn't bite, let it be.....

jays375
11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
By the sounds of things the tarp is worth more than the trike.More
than likely one day it will be gone, but not to you.That is
how it works for me.Probbally nothing more than a parts machine by now.Look
at the money you will save.

Xpress
11-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Why not offer to help rebuild? You have pretty much unlimited resources with all of us experienced trike whores here ;)

hillbilly 200x
11-22-2011, 11:42 PM
By the sounds of things the tarp is worth more than the trike.More
than likely one day it will be gone, but not to you.That is
how it works for me.Probbally nothing more than a parts machine by now.Look
at the money you will save. thats all i really want it for my X is in need of some loving

Why not offer to help rebuild? You have pretty much unlimited resources with all of us experienced trike whores here lol I asked that the first time I asked about the bike. Told him about 3ww to.

TrailerRider
11-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Show up with $ in your hand. $ talks...

daniel_250r
11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I've had the same thing with bikes xr200 sitting outside i asked a few times and he claimed he was going to rebuild it. it got stolen a few weeks later and the cops showed up at my door! the officer knew i didn't steal it though. i would never buy a tarp for someone else's stuff just leave your number let the thing rot. some cannot be saved

daniel_250r
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
and i notice your in ontario these old trikes are worth more than gold so expect him to want 1000 if he sells

Headsup
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Yea take Cash there, And show the guy or his mother. Hell get her to sell it with a bill of sale, To bad if he gets pissed...

I wouldnt get a tarp. Tape a few Bags together for him.

kylegrimes
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
same thing happend to me with a 350x man its been a bout a year and im thinking about taking a drive over to the guys house and tring to talk him into selling it again!! i tried for 5 months every sunday i would show up in his yard finally he said if he saw me again he was calling the law i wounder if hes forgot about me?

hillbilly 200x
12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Well today was the day that I grew a set. I went over to crappy tired and bought a cheap 8x10 and left a note in the bag that the tarp was is. I said " Hi I know you don't want to sell your 200x but could you atleast take some time and cover it up befor winter starts to get bad. If you ever do want to sell the bike please let me know first thanks 905_______________." I will give it a few days and see what happes, I drive by his house ever day so I can see if he does cover it up or not

RIDE-RED 250r
12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Eh, you might be playing your cards to aggressive. Now he knows your REALLY want that thing

hillbilly 200x
12-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Eh, you might be playing your cards to aggressive. Now he knows your REALLY want that thing Yes I want the bike. I need the parts to fix my X back up. I would be just as happy to see it covers upaswell. The bikes isn't that fare gone I have seen alot worse for sale on the local classifieds.

hillbilly 200x
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi guys sorry I haven't had much time to work on my bike its still at my grand parents farm. I did some reseach to see what the different was in the tranny gear ratio and it is kinda funny. The xr has the same gear ratio as the X but the 6th gear is alittle lower. I kinda found that to be pretty cool
200x
1: 2.769
2: 1.941
3: 1.450
4: 1.130
5: 0.923
xr 200
1: 2.769
2: 1.941
3: 1.450
4: 1.130
5: 0.923
6: 0.785

daniel_250r
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
waste of money lol he prob thinks its worth alot now because poeple are giving tarps to cover it haha

hillbilly 200x
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
sorry about my last post I thought I was in one of my threads. On the other hand I drove by the guys house and the bike was coverd up :D. I know I didn't get the bike but I do feel a little better because i know that, that trike isn't going to be cover in snow (if we ever get any) this year.