PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki ALT185 near me

shortline10
11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Fairly rare trike and it looks in pretty good condition .
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/2707610184.html

Chazz of Blades
11-23-2011, 04:55 AM
I've developed a rageful hatred of Suzuki trikes. I'd avoid it completely if you're wanting a good rider.

atc007
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
LMAO !! ^^^ Please tell more!! Sounds like she bit you,,more than once! Lets hear it.

Chazz of Blades
11-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Got one, new tires, new fenders, low hours all around. Suddenly developed a nasty gouge in the cylinder. FINALLY found the parts for a new topend, I had to buy 1mm over rings and trim em down just to fit, finally get the darn thing back together after boring and all. Well, the pullstarts are CRAP on these things. This one decides it only wants to catch about every tenth pull, and even then that's only halfway through the pull. FINALLY get a new pullstart, a good one, and the primer on the carb(since the fuel tank is between the right rear tire and frame) starts pouring gas whenever it's primed and running through. Get that fixed temporarily, and second pullstart starts doing the same old thing. Get that fixed too, and put MAYBE two hours on the top end(of nice, breaking in, not beating), and it develops a BAD top end knock from the valve area. AND the carb starts leaking worse than it did before. They do have reverse though, and they are a quite comfy ride if you can get past the VERY narrow wheelbase, and how they tip easier than most other trikes. I think my YT handles better.
This thing came to me with barely any time on it to begin with, the pipe even looked perfect. I got it, a 70, a 200m, and my hotrod 200s(It was stock with a Cobra pipe at the time) from the same guy, and the pipe on the 200S literally had never been ran. The pipe hadn't even baked yet.

All this wouldn't be as bad if almost every single part for em wasn't Unobtanium, hard to find, obsolete, or worth an arm and a leg.

And ever after ALL THAT, the little bit I got to ride it, it was disappointing, power wise. It does have some shiny chrome like bits though, that's nice. It's currently sitting on the farthest burner on the stove.

fabiodriven
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a deep hatred for Suzuki as well, but the 125/185 ALT's and Quadrunners are great machines in my opinion.