PDA

View Full Version : 1984 big red

ChuCk230e
11-23-2011, 08:36 PM
well yesterday i got my 200es back from the shop and $330 it runs like a champ. it rained all night so i took it in the fields on my farm to go through some deep water and it keeps stalling. anyone have a idea what wires might be getting wet. also if anyone has a parts machine please pm me, i need the starter gears, sub trans and the plastic sub trans shift knob. i am also looking for a front rack and tool box cover/ rear rack mid section

bkm
11-23-2011, 08:43 PM
it rained all night so i took it in the fields on my farm to go through some deep water and it keeps stalling. anyone have a idea what wires might be getting wet. My guess would be all of them. Personally I hate submerging any bike in water but too each there own. If this is a normal practice I would dry the bike out and water proof all connections. Also keep an eye on the diff, oil, and air box for water contamination.

Also what leads you to believe that it is an electrical problem? Is water getting sucked into the carb?

Danable
11-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I have a guy close to me that does have parts for that trike. I have the same one. I'm getting an axle from him next week for $90. If you need me to pm me a complete list and I'd be happy to get them and ship it to you.

ChuCk230e
11-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Also what leads you to believe that it is an electrical problem? Is water getting sucked into the carb?

i think its electrical because it just cuts out and starts right back up. im also not submerging it real deep maybe 6-8 inches at most. i just am wondering if its a quick thing to do and since i have no room in my shop its gonna be a while before i can waterproof everything. i do love that it doesn't skip a beat riding through the mud and water

tri again
11-24-2011, 01:33 PM
i think its electrical because it just cuts out and starts right back up. im also not submerging it real deep maybe 6-8 inches at most. i just am wondering if its a quick thing to do and since i have no room in my shop its gonna be a while before i can waterproof everything. i do love that it doesn't skip a beat riding through the mud and water

as opposed to , washing the trike and having it not start,
you can spray stuff one at a time.
sparkplug, coil wire and so on. WHILE it's running and see what kills it.

Factory uses di electric grease for all connections and it's been working for decades.
Some of the fancy electrical spray waterproofing might work but I'd like to know
the weak points on my stuff.
I hate surprises.
..and walking home
.. and towing a trike home by myself.

Matt217
11-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Hey just bought a 200es had been sitting for ten years cleaned the carb and started it it fired up and Made a rattling noise when and shifted it in reverse and it stalled went to start it and it's seized up what the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro any ideas

bkm
11-27-2011, 09:41 AM
I know whats wrong with it. It knew that you were gonna hi-jack someone else's thread instead of starting your own. It has saved you the trouble of jacking up other threads and committed suicide, in an effort to spare the rest of us the anguish of your posting habits.:D

In all seriousness, start a new thread topic about your bike and I'm sure you get more than enough help.:welcome: