PDA

View Full Version : 85 Tecate in porgress

eeq65
11-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Here is my 85 tecate. Bike sat for almost 6 years in the California sun. Plastics were shot so the tank and seat have been replaced. New sleeve for top end, stock bore. new rear master cylinder and reservoir. Cleaned/rebuilt carb and runs like a dream. Decided to polish engine while I had it torn down. looks pretty sick polished I think. If the money was there I would have a lot more chrome and new plastic if I could find it. For now it is ride-able and plenty fast.

I've only had the tecate for about 8 years. It is nice to have it back to running condition. I have a 200x I'll post picks of later. I've had the 200x for 20years and rebuilt it in 1999 when I was 18. Still looks good but It needs some chrome, aluminum polished and powder coating, engine is flawless.

twisted
11-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Nice kawi, the polished engine looks sweet good work

dcreel
11-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Looks great.. Good job.. There are plastic sets out there.. I've got white, black, and green.

eeq65
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Thank for the props. Love to tear her down this winter and do a complete restore but having her run well was more important for the time being.

I've been looking for plastic for almost 6 months now. I did find a new set for $350 a couple months ago but didn't have the funds at the time. I'm looking at buying a nice used front fender for $40 on ebay in a day or so.

Are you selling green plastic? How much $ for the rear. I don't even care if they are new. My gas tank now was bought used with minor fading and scratches. Looks great now after sanding and buffing.

HuffieVA
11-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I've got an extra "stitched up" set of green rears (they are a bit Frankensteinish but the green is still decent and they will keep the mud off of you) your a little over an hour from me, and your welcome to borrow them until you come up with a set... or I have a new in the bag set of reds along with a nice polished red tank if your interested in a color change

Rodd

eeq65
11-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks Rodd. definitely want to stay green and I appreciate the offer for the barrow. now that I polished the engine I try to stay away from the mud. I already have too many hours in the polishing so I don't want to dull it up. Wife thinks I'm crazy for all the polishing but I love it.