PDA

View Full Version : Tri Zinger no spark

n61870
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello, I just bought this Tri zinger 60 and has no spark. It it missing the rear tether kill switch (looks like it was bypassed). I was thinking maybe the handlebar switch may be the problem. Ive never owned one of these before so I havent seen a stop switch with a "start" position. Whats the difference between that position and the run position? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

dubber97
12-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Check to make sure the spark plug cap is in the wire all the way, Never know.

dcreel
12-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Here is the manual. It should answer your questions. The start position won't let it rev.. The tether switch in the rear, if it is still wired in and there is no clip in it.. You won't get any spark.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/Yamaha/tri-zinger_yt60_servicemanual.pdf

page 6-3 In the start position at 2300 rpm the spark goes to ground to keep it from revving, until you put it in the run position.

n61870
12-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the link, that will definetly answer a lot of questions.

n61870
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Update: I cleaned up the run switch and I have a spark now but it seems weak. I bought one of those carbs off ebay rather than rebuilding the old one. I tookthe cap off the old carb and put it along with the slides into the new one. I still cant get it started, it sputtered briefly once and nothing since. I really cant tell whether or not its getting enough fuel. I pulled the plug and its not wet I cranked it a few times with the choke on and full throttle and couldnt see any mist coming out of the plug. Am I missing something with this new carb? Should I use the new slides/needle instead?