PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ATC350x Tachometer

hondajohn
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I know the members who are on here a lot see this post frequently... I am looking for a good used (or new...?) Hondaline Tachometer for 350x. P/n is 08172-HA500 . I think the 200x tach is the same, just mounting bracket is different (08172-HB500).
Anyone have one, or know of one?

To give a little background... I had a mint '85 350x that was ordered from the dealer with every option you could get - Hondaline tach, speedo, fender brace, fender extension, headlight guard, master cylinder guard, footpeg extensions, etc. I had all the original dealer paperwork too. I was in a tough spot a few years ago and had to sell it. I've regretted it ever since. Now I'm trying to make my old faithful 350x (that I've had for many years) rival that nice one I sold!

badass350x
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I know the members who are on here a lot see this post frequently... I am looking for a good used (or new...?) Hondaline Tachometer for 350x. P/n is 08172-HA500 . I think the 200x tach is the same, just mounting bracket is different (08172-HB500).
Anyone have one, or know of one?

To give a little background... I had a mint '85 350x that was ordered from the dealer with every option you could get - Hondaline tach, speedo, fender brace, fender extension, headlight guard, master cylinder guard, footpeg extensions, etc. I had all the original dealer paperwork too. I was in a tough spot a few years ago and had to sell it. I've regretted it ever since. Now I'm trying to make my old faithful 350x (that I've had for many years) rival that nice one I sold!

Welcome too 3wworld, too bad you had too sell the other one! You are going too have a hard time finding a tach and when you do your going too pay big bucks for it! You probably already knew that but good luck with your search, somebody on here might be able too lead too one.

hondajohn
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah. I'm not worried about sticker shock. I know they're expensive. I should have bid on the one that just sold on ebay, a NOS one, went for $565. Not as much as I thought it would go for.

badass350x
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
So your not new too the hobby!!!! Expensive but yet addictive. I seen that one on ebay, nice too know there still around.

hondajohn
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Sure, it is a really nice specimen, people reading this would appreciate it (kicking myself again now for selling it!). I have the guy's number still. I hope he still has it, he had a bike collection and it sounded like he would take good care of it. I don't think he was planning to really ride it, more preserve and display it. Made me feel like it was going to a good home. I knew it wasn't right for me to have it at the time - I had to store it outside for a bit and was really worried about it walking away during the day when I was at work :(

hondajohn
12-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Welcome back to the site John.

I have seen the 350x he speaks of in the first post via a few pics he sent me last week. What an amazing 350x it was. You really need to track it down!!!!! If you don't mind, may i post the pic of it here tomorrow?

Good luck finding the tach.

I'm not sure if devilman has checked back so I will try to post a couple of pics of my old mint 350x: