PDA

View Full Version : 82 250r atc reg. ??? HELP

dezert250r
12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
ok guys i got my 82 250r reg. last week i went to double check on the vin on the neck and there is one letter that is not matching on my paper work the neck says CC but my paper work say CL on the 10th and 11th number. what does this mean did some one change one letter? i dont no. can anyone help me out thanks

RIDE-RED 250r
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Firstly, I wouldn't post my entire VIN on the net. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but in the day and age we are in I wouldn't chance it.

Secondly: I would guess it was just a typo on the part of the state worker who typed up your reggie. I would contact the DMV and see if they will rectify the situation. I can't tell you how many time the DMV has screwed up information on my reggies. Everything from VIN, to address, zip code, and so on.....

dezert250r
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
thanks man your rite. i am waiting for a call back from the DMV im hoping it was just a TYPO

bkm
12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
You could get a V.I.N verification from local law enforcement if they do that sort of thing. Its a form from the dmv that the officer copies the V.I.N. directly off the machine and its offical, that way the dmv can't say your trying to pull a fast one. Now this info appiles to Missouri, I don't know how Kamifornia does things.

dezert250r
12-07-2011, 12:18 AM
yeah man i forgot about that i had to take my last trike i took it down to California Highway patrol office to do a visual and the officer checked it right there in the system. the only problem i might have is that i cut the neck off the the trike and im selling it to a guy on here. it was gonna cost me an arm and a leg to ship a whole frame from cali all the way to maine. so he asked for me to just cut it and ship it. i was getting ready to do so and i checked one last time and my paper work is missing one number and the 11th letter on the neck is a "C" and on the paper work is show a "L". i dont no what the CHP will say if they see that i chopped it all up.