PDA

View Full Version : hey mods just a thought

yooperman
12-07-2011, 09:15 AM
i am on a different forum called duramax forums, and in my opinion they do some thing that would work good for dead beat sellers that are true dead beats. i will explain it then i will post a link to the write up in case the link dont work. what they do is if some one is a dead beat seller they change the persons color to brown and they put in the profile name dead beat seller, but thats after they give them a 30 day window to resolve the issue if it isnt resolved then all this comes into play. Once the issue is resolved if it is the dead beat seller tags are removed, they do this to inform the other members about the dead beats.

i think it is a good way of informing the people if there good seller or not because it would help stop bad dealings even more then the buyer feedback section because every one would see that they are dead beats right off the bat. the link wont work because you have to be logged in to view that page so i just copied and pasted it below for the mods to check out.

CAUTION DEADBEAT SELLERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has come to our attention lately that several members here have been taken for a ride. This is unacceptable on this forum and unethical to boot. Due to the fact that the forum cannot take any legal action on the seller, we have come up with a new system to deal with dead beats.

Any Deadbeat seller will have their name turned to brown and labeled a Deadbeat. They will still have access to the forum and posting privileges but they will have the new label to warn other members. There will be ample time to clarify the situation (30 days) until the seller is labeled a Dead beat.

Upon resolution, the users name will be changed back to black and the label removed. However, selling privileges will not be returned.

Please bear with the Staff as we get this system into place.

Thanks, DF Staff

fabiodriven
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I personally think that's a great idea.

Billy Golightly
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Interesting idea, I like it. I'll discuss it with the rest of the crew :)

yooperman
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM
woot woot i finally found something good yeehaaaa lol. yeah i was thinking the same thing when i read it

ezmoney1979
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I like the idea of the color brown to provide a direct correlation to the person and a piece of sh*t lol.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
What more can be said?? Great idea!

3wheely
12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Very good idea. Very easy way to recognize the bad guys and keep everyone honest.

dcreel
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I hate to come off like a dick, but I think if it goes to brown and you are tagged a bad seller it should stay that way for the remainder of your time here at 3ww regardless of whether you fix it months later or not.. I mean sh!t happens during deals but the buyer is just an e-mail or phone call away. There really is no excuse for taking someone's hard earned money and leaving them empty handed..

Not only that but I wish there was a feedback section available for every member accessed from their profile. Like the visitor messages only used for feedback.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Dcreel, having your buying/selling feedback somehow attached to your profile would be a quick and easy way to find out if you want to deal with a person or not....Like that idea too.

just ben
12-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I like the idea too but instead of brown I think red. yes brown says your a turd but red stands out. the Idea of the feeback linked to your profile is also a good idea

coolpool
12-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Great idea yooper. If the color coding doesn't sit well with the mods, maybe each person could have 3 stars beside their username. Screw up, you lose one. Three strikes, your bye, bye.