PDA

View Full Version : Dog Medical bills..

Headsup
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Well This sucks. The Infection cleared up but the Vet Took Xrays today. Dog has 2 Big Stones in her bladder. Taking most of it up.
O man i feel so sorry for her.
The bill today was over $130.00, Now i need to get 1,353.81 around for her surgery.. Denied for the CareCreditCard. Seems there is not much help Anymore with Vet bills. Hope i get it Around the next couple of weeks for her. with christmas and all This is Horrible.
Anyway Thought i would share with every1 here. Might sell my Computer Or something up for a Donation or a Sale fundraiser.

If anyone has any Information on Something that might help, Please Reply.

Thanks !!

:cry:
Pic of Sasha

badass350x
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
There should be support groups in your area, call the local dog pound, start calling other vets and asking around search craigslist list under dogs! That's were I found help for mine four years ago when I was out of work. Hope you can find somebody too help her out as my dogs are some of the best friends me and my wife have.

Stonewall
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Man, that sucks! I know where your at, I got a lab puppy back in May to be a duck dog this winter...$800, papers, both parents completely checked out to be in perfect health. Took him to the trainer a couple months ago, and come to find out he has hip displasiya (spelling?)... $400 to hack the ball of his femur off so his leg won't lock up. The better fix was a hip replacment, but at $5000 I don't think so..... Hopefully when he recovers he can still be trained and maybe hunt next year. Hope Sasha gets better soon! Good luck with your fundraiser!

Mr_RPM
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
awe man that really sucks! how old is she?

i recently had a dog pass away back in April (well i guess its been a while), hopefully things work out and she pulls threw.
its really sad to have to put a price on a friends life, but thats the world for ya i guess. =(

BiggDogg
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
on the bright side, at least the xrays were 130. I had my one dog xray'd 3 weeks ago, it cost $290.00

My fiance and I have 2 dogs, combined surgery bill of $16000.00 +
we love our pups. Morgan a chocolate lab is a cancer survivor and a survivor of swallowing a stone just like your pup and Savanna had dual ACL surgeries and Lyme.

I don't know where your located but they do have dog insurance, Both our pets are insured under Banfield vet hospital. They cover all check up[s shots and even chest xrays. You may even be able to add your pooch under the insurance before her next checkup.

Stay strong and check the local pet places in your town. There just might be help groups out there.

here is a pic of our kids

Headsup
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM
She is 8 years old.

I have been looking online and calling all day, Still nothing.
Well i have work in an hour so i will have to start again tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions,

200xman
12-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I feel your pain. On of our rescue dogs blew his knee out about this time last year. $1800 Vet bill = no Christmas for us. I know most vets around here will work with you on a payment plan if needed.

just ben
12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
go get that tecate and sell it to me! that would help with the bill. lol. seriously I hope it works out. I had to put down a 3 y/o doberman 2 years ago from lack of money. it was 5k and only a 20% chance of being sucessful

Headsup
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Yea thanks, But i can't find anything, No vet takes payments either.
I set up a fund raiser on giveForward.com, Maybe that will help get it started. I just hope it all goes okay.

JasonB
12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
My boxer is worth a new car lol

2500$ for a TPLO surgery *(NEW LEFT KNEE)
Fractured left wrist right after I got him
left eye got cloudy so I took him to two vets and an optimologist (over 1000$ in vet bills)
He's my buddy and worth it though, he hits on the laddies from the passenger side :D http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/dexter.jpg

thestud25
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I know that Vet schools in Missouri will work for a lesser rate and sometimes free in some cases. Check out this link and give them a call. I do not know how close the school is to you. http://www.vet.upenn.edu/Default.aspx?alias=www.vet.upenn.edu/ryanveterinaryhospital

Good luck.

After further research, they do charge. However I have no clue as to how much.

Here is one more link that I would look further into if I were you.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html