PDA

View Full Version : How to change the oil on a big red

ATCcountryboy
12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
How do I unscrew the oil drain bolt on my big red 250? Does the tool kit have the wrench I need?

Jon Boy
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
make sure your turning the right bolt, but it should have the wrench to fit it in the kit. just unbolt it like any other bolt. lefty loosey, righty tighty. :lol: :beer

badass350x
12-13-2011, 09:09 PM
how do i unscrew the oil drain bolt on my big red 250? Does the tool kit have the wrench i need?

really!!!!

tri again
12-13-2011, 09:32 PM
How do I unscrew the oil drain bolt on my big red 250? Does the tool kit have the wrench I need?

Ya know? I should know. I have like 9 of these things.
Should be a bolt looking thing dead center bottom of engine hiding up in the skid plate, full of mud.

Don't repeat this but if I can't find the right 1/2: drive ratchet, short extension and correct socket or the
kids to blame lost tools on, I just tip the trike and pour it out the fill hole.

IF you want to risk an oil filter change, those are 8mm bolts but that oil filter and spring CAN
go in the wrong way / sequence and destroy your engine almost instantly.

Since you've got oil on your mind, make sure there's oil in the rear end differential.
it's only 3 POINT 3 ounces and is easily contaminated with water.

Manuals are free in the 'world class help' section, btw. but doubtful they'll even tell you what size socket either.
I'm thinking 17mm or 11/16" but I can also hide my own eastereggs.

If you need motivation, check out either
'floating big red'
or
'Big red with silverbacks'
on youtube.

ATCcountryboy
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Well...I changed the oil,and I also changed the oil filter. There were tools for it in the kit, so it wasn't that hard.