PDA

View Full Version : has anyone changed a clutch on a 84 honda200s

segers200s
12-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I was wondering how hard it was to change one out and if I would need any special tools to get job done

Howdy
12-13-2011, 10:31 PM
You have 2 clutches on a 200s ( centrifical and manual ) The centrifical clutch uses a 30mm socket and the manual clutch uses a spanner wrench. If your replacing the manual clutch you will need to pull the centrifical clutch off as well.

Changing the clutches really isn't too hard. Depending on how bad the old clutch is you might need to replace the mating parts ( drum on the centrifical, and steel plates on the manual ). While your in there be sure to clean the screen in the bottom of the motor.

1st time clutch: should only take 1-3 hrs. After you done a time or 2 you can do it in 30-40 minutes or less.

I have replaced quite a few of them over 23 years of buy and selling.

Howdy

segers200s
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
thanx for the info very use full to me its not manual so dnt need any special tools thanx for lookin n give me the info I was lookin for

Howdy
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
thanx for the info very use full to me its not manual so dnt need any special tools thanx for lookin n give me the info I was lookin for

The 3wheeler has both style clutches in it. The manual one is the one activated when you shift. The centrifical is engaged as the motor spins faster.
howdy