PDA

View Full Version : stories

yamaha 250
11-19-2002, 11:31 PM
anybody have any storys about flipping there ouads?

Tri Moto
11-20-2002, 01:17 AM
Which way, forward, backward or side to side?
ive done it all...

yamaha 250
11-20-2002, 01:20 AM
every way

OldSchoolin86
11-20-2002, 09:41 PM
This is about the wreck that was bad enough to make me sell my toys. I still have yet to even hit a real double since then.

The place was Joliet MX Park. It was spring of 2000. I just got my 86 TRX together for spring practice. It had some mild motor done with a FMF pipe/silencer, boysen reads, 2mm bigger flat slide and snorkel removed with no lid on the air box. I striped it down to nothing, completely restored it, and installed my lonestar front end on her. Everything was like new. Being I did really well in practice with her all busted up the previous year I decided it was time to race the district 17 stadium series. Why not I had no problems flying yet?

This day was different. A pro rider for Nacs showed up with friends on a YZ426 powered R. I had to know. I had to know if I had what it takes. After watching this guy run a few laps I knew it would be tough. He was good, the best on 4 wheels I had ever seen at this track. When the next practice round for quads came I lined up with him. It was just the 2 of us in front waiting for the guy to let us go. I remember it well. Before we even took off I decided to take it easy and just double and not triple anything. I could do it but I didn't have it worked out perfect and I didn't want to kill myself. Soon we were off. Going in to the first turn I was close, really close. I was going the fastest I ever had around that track. Two laps in and I'm still holding off his friends and I'm only one turn behind him. I was approaching the back triple and as planed I pitched in to ride down the double but there was a problem. Riding with this kid had sped up my pace so much I missed the back side of the second jump and landed in between the 2nd and 3rd. From that point to being pile driven head first, quad last in to the ground after the 3rd is a little hazy. As I was going into the pile drive I put both hands out to help prevent breaking my neck. It worked but I was messed up. It took me a couple to get moving and when I did it wasn't good. I got the ride off the track with the mule cart and laid down on my trailer. It wasn't long before I couldn't move without having serious breathing problems. I couldn't even get up to get in my truck. That's when I took the old ambulance ride. My buddies got everything together and followed me. My buddy Karnivore660R stayed until the end and even gave me a ride home.

Ended up I bent that lonestare front end up, shattered my helmet up both sides and tore almost every muscle out of my back when I put my hands out in front of me to save my neck. It took over a month to get to where I could get out and do anything. The first week I even needed help getting in the shower. How embarrassing is that?

I sold my machines and gave it all up until this year when I couldn't resist and bought an 86 Tri-Z. Soon after I got my 400ex and now I'm just trying to find places to ride again. I still ride hard and love catching air but I haven't got back to clearing gaps. I imagine soon I will but until then I'll still be pushing the limits every other way I can.

I wrecked a million times and had been hurt a few too. This was the only accident that got the best of me and it looks like I finally fixed that.

Thanks Karnivore660R for helping me out.

karnivore660r
11-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Your welcome!

Hey, we're gonna rent out that track this spring, you up for it?

:twisted:

Ol' Dirty 533
11-21-2002, 03:08 PM
Awww OldSchoolin, that almost brings ters too my eyes, where's the tissue...lol Good luck Mr. Vertebrae!!

OldSchoolin86
11-21-2002, 06:25 PM
LOL! I forgot about MR Vertebrae.

yamaha 250
11-23-2002, 08:40 PM
holy cow and i thought that my wrecks were bad :!:

mtbikr
12-04-2002, 12:55 AM
Aprox 15yrs ago a bunch of my buds and I went out on a gorgeous snowy day in Tn. A good 6 inches of powder on the ground. Anyway, we rode a while and about mid-day we start across a creek. Well one guy gets a little impatient and tries to go downstream for a quicker way.(it takes a while for 10 3-wheelers to cross slow enough not to splash). He picked his spot for his new 250sx to cross and started. I knew he was in trouble when the water rose above his front fender. It was'nt long before he bobbled a little and over they went. The next thing I saw was 3 tires and a blue lipped head sticking out of the water. We got them out and got him home to the heat but to my knowledge he never ventured out in unknown waters again!

12-04-2002, 09:13 PM
did he ever get the 250sx back if not he diserved it.

OldSchoolin86
12-04-2002, 09:47 PM
That's a crappy thing to say.

Hope your bud was alright, we all make mistakes.

mtbikr
12-04-2002, 11:21 PM
The bike was fine. We towed it back and changed the oil. He is still as bullheaded as was then. ....and he still has that 250sx!

Dirtcrasher
12-06-2002, 07:28 PM
I had no involvement in this! Some older people were at the tallest hill in Taunton Mass - Prospect Hill, a resevoir. They were there drinking and 3 kids showed up taking turns on their Honda 200 four wheeler - toolin around. Anyhow these guys decided to bet them 20$ they couldn't make it up the back side - which was almost impossible even with a 250 2 stroke. First kid tried and made it 30 ft or so before he stalled it. Next kid backed WAY up and made it maybe 150 ft. 3/4 of the way up till he hit a rock and it flipped over and started to roll. First the headlight came off, then the fenders shattered. Then it took off the top of a tree 25 ft in the air and bounced bending the forks, each progressive bounce got worse and worse as the kids screemed "MY BIKE!!!!!". It came to a stop at the bottom destroyed. The ones who egged them on quickly left.

mtbikr
12-06-2002, 09:36 PM
You gotta know your limits! But I bet the older guys laugh and tell that story to everybody. cruel

raptor 660r
12-13-2002, 02:31 PM
well i was going to ask if trailprotrailpro friend was ok but i didnt mean that to sound like that :oops: sorry

Honda300ex
01-02-2003, 11:35 AM
O.k. about a weak ago i went riding around on the road to do some wheelies but then i started sliding around on the gravel. But i was sliding off the gravel road and whent on the the pavement my 300ex went up sidewas I tried to lock up the brakes but it was to late i was in the grass off i fell the bike rolled over me and rolled 5 times into a 35ft deep holler(large ditch, small cayon) It was pitch dark around 8;30 with no moon and when it rolled the light went out so i could not see it. So i climbed up out of there and ran to my house told my mom what happend. My dad works 7 to 7 nights so he was not home. So i took my sister car to see if i could see it with the headlights no luck. So my uncle came over and i took about 5mins to find it. where we found it a little tree about 3" in diamiter stop it from droping down into a rocky creek bed. I ran down to it jumped on it lights turn on and it started up the only thing that happened to it is the handle bars bent some. We had to pull it out with my uncles truck that took about 45mins and a logchain. We got it out and i rode it to my house to look it over more it had alot of vines on it and stuff. But it was all o.k. i was releved that my dad would not kill me. Then 2 days later i was doing some dounuts around on wet pavment then i hit a dry spot and over i went pavement will eat your fenders bad. It still looks got and runs perfect I say long live HONDA!!

Jonathan
01-02-2003, 06:04 PM
I've only flipped 2 different times.
1. Once I flipped my TRX 125 over backwards riding it up a tree in my back yard (it's a beater and I was showing off).
2. Also on my TRX 125. A couple of weeks ago I was riding it up the ramps into my truck, didn't want to run into my 200x that was already in there so I was easing up the ramp slowly and stopped a little too short. I hit the gas and the ramps fell and so did the TRX. It flipped right over backwards on the pavement in my driveway.

TRI Z Racer
01-04-2003, 03:13 AM
the fist night i had my tri z i took it out in the field across from my house.
i was taking it easy for a while then i wanted to really play, it was getting dark, and i didnt have any headlight, i wanted one more lap. i was going along the straight away and i hit a bump at the exact same time i hit the power band in 4th gear. it was a wrist throttle so when i snapped back i pined the thing. needless to say i flew back cracked my helmet on a rock, ripped alot of skin of my leg from the tires and knocke the wind out of myself. my bike somehow landed right side up and rolled halfway across the field. it had stalled but somehow the silencer got ripped off and thrown off to the side. and i cracked the plastic a little under the seat. well anyway. thats just the beginning of my horror stories

Tecate performance
01-04-2003, 01:07 PM
I was riding with 4 of my buddies some trails that went along a major highway. So there's this one hill thats right next to the road, maybe 30 feet above it, and the trail runs along the bottom to another trail that goes up another hill, about 40 feet more. We all start taking runs up the hill, which wasn't too steep but rocky, and the last guy in the group got a little impatient and didn't let the guy in front of him clear the hill before giving it a try. Well he gets about 3/4 up the second hill and the guy in front stalls. Last guy, on a 95 honda 300 utility, hits his rear brakes and flips the thing. He jumps off and the quad starts rolling end over end down the first hill, over the trail and down the second hill fullbore towards the highway full of traffic. Luckily it got caught at the bottom of the road's shoulder where there was some drainage rocks. But it was still only like 15 feet from the road. It landed upside down and was pretty hammered having blown the beads off the rims. But in typical Honda fashion, we flipped it over and it statred first try. Then we nursed it home before the state troopers came looking.