PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tasmania, Australia.

Tas Wheeler
12-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi there all,

Joined up back in April and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Before joining up I had purchased a green Kawasaki klt200. I have since then bought another one with black fenders.

The black one was in rather good condition, only missing minor things here and there.

The green one probably a little worse but still in a usable condition.

Over the course of the last eight months I have been searching the web high and low for all the parts I need to restore both these threewheelers to their former glory.

I have so far managed to find all the parts ive needed, plus all of the extra parts like racks, guards and floorboards etc, even an original dune flag mount with instructions and kawasaki parts number ticket.

About the only thing I cannot find is the rifle sacbbard rack or fishing rod rack, that fits on the handlebars above the headlight.

These racks were mostly found on the KLT200 A4 Duckster, but were an option extra with the normal KLT200 as far as i know.

If anyone can help me source one or even better two of these racks it would be greatly appreciated, seeing as it the last part I need for each of my trikes.

Will post up some pics of the two, and the progress of the resto's soon

Please HELP!!:(
Cheers Matt

JasonB
12-15-2011, 07:30 PM
parts like that will be hard to come by, I would think harder somewhere like australia. Either way your best bet is to scour the internet (here, ebay, google/bing!) just keep looking and one will probably eventually pop up. I doubt anyone makes an aftermarket one (YET!!). Either way, post up some pics! My first bike I ever bought was a klt200 as a basket case and it was back before I ever turned a wrench on one of these machines and it ended up sold for an SX. Good luck man, welcome and post some pics of your toys!

Bryan Raffa
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome aboard Mate... ya like jason said thoes will be hard to find!! good luck ... ebay and put a ad in the classifieds here.. would be your best bet .. we like Pictures!!!:welcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU44KwIfBXM

nasty buggers you got there! LOL

Tas Wheeler
12-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Thanks Jason and Ryan,

I figured as much but thought it was worth a shot. Will just have to continue the search.

LOL Yeh Ryan noisey buggers the old devils, still manage to give you a fright, while walking down a dark road and they start up with that racket. Harmless unless cornered or your a possum or small kangaroo. Probably would go pating one anytime soon though.

Cheers