PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200x full Cobra Exhaust Jet Question?

Honda200x.
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
I have a 1985 Honda 200x it either has an 10:1,11:1 or a 12:1 high compression piston, the guy i bought it off said it had one he just didn't specify(not to happy it has one) but it runs good, it also has cobra full exhaust, and a moose racing air filter, the guy said that he put just a 115 main jet in it after all that, it runs good but i think i need to re-jet if he just did the main jet. so after all those mods what pilot jet do i need to get, what needle jet do i need to get, and what main jet do i need to get, i know the stock main jet is 108. So if I were to keep the air filter and the exhaust what would i need to get for jets?

But overall to be safe from a loss of back pressure from the exhaust and having it overheat(if it would tell me if it wouldn't) I would much rather just go to the stock exhaust and stock air filter and the stock carb jets but then what jets would I need to buy? And can I even do that with the high compression piston, or does it need the exhaust or something, I know two strokes but not four strokes at all. And would the valve timing have to be changed to go stock maybe? And when they did the high comp piston would the valves or the timing have been changed for both the exhaust or the piston for some reason maybe? I am just asking peoples opinions on the last question or what he most likely had done. Or could I just buy the stock header and stock muffler and stock jets on (if someone specifies the stock pilot and stock needle jets just in case he changed them) then throw em all on and be fine? That's really my question. I don't expect anyone to answer all my questions at once but any answers would be greatly appreciated.

JJMF1979
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I have an 84 200x and the stock main jet is 108 and the 85 is the same if that helps any

Honda200x.
12-24-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks i put a 118 in it and raised the needle and its still lean thanks though its only got an 11:1 it runs 93