PDA

View Full Version : Nut dent in tank

Tking
12-18-2011, 03:25 PM
I uncovered my old 185s yesterday in the machine shed and at first glance I spot the painful memories (25+yrs ago) of a road jump gone bad. I remember I was wearing a helmet but I also remember the landing I flew off the trike after my seeds hit the tank squarely in the middle. Only bent the front fork and a nut dent in the tank. Man talk about pain I don't think I walked right for a week.
My question is what other dumb stunts have you done on your machines?

Thorpe
12-18-2011, 03:38 PM
HAHAHAHA... When I read the title, I thought you meant hardware nuts, not the ones in your satchel!

Welcome fellow MN'er...

Bryan Raffa
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I knew exactily what you were talkin about...LOL the 350X's were the worst! haha been there done that!:lol:

atc007
12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Lets see,,dazed and bored cruising a dirt road on my 85 R. Moreless fell asleep,,nothing I'm very proud of.. Broke my left arm,6 weeks in a cast. Practicing on an ,,ohhh,This is SOOO bad,,new 87 ,,,,,Banshee,,3rd gear sweeper,,wide open,,fr wheel clipped a tree,,4 screws and titanium holding my right wrist together. COUNTLESS rolls back down hills I had NO business climbing,,stupidest one was probably,,,Coasting Backwards down a nice rolling slope in our feild,81 185S,,cut the wheel,,ouchy. Didn't break my collar bone,,but bruised the Shiit oughta my ego! Flew 78 ft off a Polaris Storm,,yep,fresh powder,,noone was denying that.. Fresh powder,,Bill's Ass print. 78 ft from take off to ass print.....12 years old. My Dads 73 PAnther 4 cycle : )... driving double with my buddy on the back,,waving at my neighbors daughter : )...T boned my buddy and his Ski Doo,,ouch...I have a big Hill above my shop,,scored a really nice 86 200X roller about 15 years ago.. No brakes,,luckily I had just cleaned the shop out,,usually would have been 2 or 3 machines in there,,,I coast her down the hill,and just misjudged what an incredible job I had done...prolly 20+ going in the front door..that hurt.. Yeah,,I could do this for awhile..Those tank bashers really hurt!!

RIDE-RED 250r
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks ATC007! I just blew pepsi all over my keyboard!!! LOL!! :lol:

atc007
12-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Glad my pain and suffering could do some good!

JasonB
12-19-2011, 04:04 PM
too many dumb stunts to list. But heres a few :D

hit a jump in 3rd gear on my 85 sx and didnt lean back far enough, 33 stitches and a drain in my knee :
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/erics529.jpg

Atc-Eric had just put a twist throttle on his modd'd warrior and I was riding it for the first time ( I HATE TWIST THROTTLES ON anything but dirtbikes). I came down a hill at a local place we ride and hit some ruts along the lake that were full of water, I hydroplaned and the bike went sideways. I ended up 90 degree turning and doing a power wheely into a lake off a 20 foot drop on the quad. I went swiming with the quad lol, heres a pic after we drug it out of the lake http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/caca-1.jpg

I broke my shoulder at Trikefest 2009 the first night there like an idiot riding in the dark when I shouldnt have been on a bike. I broke my shoulder and stretched the nerve trunk, I should have broke my kneck.
Spent 5 days at TF2009 in a sling. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mebad.jpg

I broke my wrist snowboarding in Utah back in like 2000. I broke my right arm skateboarding in 2001.

Live and learn!

stevensj13
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM
A few years ago I had just gotten a new bicycle, beautiful Schwinn chopper. Raced my buddy down a huge hill in my neighbhorhood. Front wheel went out from under me. Ripped my leg open to the point where you could see my knee cap. Broke 3 teeth clean in half, swollen head, couldnt see for hours until my eyes started to unswell. Cut up my hands real good. Couldnt walk for 2 weeks. Also had trouble talking. Lucky no broken bones for some strange reason.

Mosh
12-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Rode a wheely while drinking an open can of beer on my 225DX..
Result..Cut lip on sharp part of can, chipped my tooth and spilled beer and about 6 friends watching and laughing.

Threw a Kodiak in reverse on Hi idle in freezing cold. Brakes wouldnt hold..The quad took off backwards into my 250R rear fenders and broke the plastic (maier) about 10 inches long. Fast Z28 has those now with about 7 zipties holding them together.

coolpool
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I must ride like puzzy since I don't have any stories to contribute; and I bought my first machine in '86. Thanks for the laughs! Keep'em coming.

Husky250
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Nut dent in tank.... a right of passage!

250r_doverdemon
12-21-2011, 05:42 PM
my worst was probably a year ago i still had my 660 raptor down by the rive theres bout a 200ft gap til the actual bank of just grass.. bank was 10ft high and steep!! grass was wet so i was 4th gear spinnin tires and only doing 30 k ish but the tires grippped andd hit that hill doing easy 60 k jumped 2 ROADS and landed in the top of a tree groing out the bottom of the ditch bank and fell to the bottom taking out a whole bunch of branches..... a couple years ago me and my buddy took out his uncles new rhino 660 and he trid drifting on dirt doing 80 k NO HELMETS and rolled er onto my foot.. yeah that hurt..

hoosierlogger
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
We used to have an atc 110 when I was about 12. There was a big low spot in our back yard that would always hold water and freeze solid. I figured out that if I got up enough speed through the rest of the yard and got on the ice in 4th gear and downshifted real fast to first gear the trike would spin wildly on the ice. I hid a clump of grass that stuck up through the ice and got thrown off of it into a 4 strand rusty barbed wire fence.

The next year I was pulling my little brother on a saucer sled behind the 110. I was haulin the mail going through the yard with my brother in tow. There was a 15 foot gap between the house and the row of bushes that went around the yard. I thought it was a good idea to ride through the gap into the front yard to turn around and try to throw him from the sled. My brother was right behind be the last time I looked before going through the gap. The sled must have hit the roots of the tree forcing it to the left where my brother took off the bottom 2 rows of aluminum siding on the house. I wasnt allowed to ride it for the rest of the winter after that.

The straw that broke the camels back was the massive mud pit I made out of that low spot in the yard. Dad blistered my ass and sold the 110 to the neighbors. So I had to watch them ride it.

Chazz of Blades
12-22-2011, 05:40 AM
I done similar to what Hoosier did. I was on a plastic saucer sled tied 20 feet behind a 200ES with my buddy hauling ass through a soaking wet and muddy field. he was doing tight donuts and the sled was going fast enough to either go off the ground an inch or two to be level with the hitch, or go fast enough to drag the rear end of the BR around. Well, he pulled out of one of those donuts really fast and straightened up and gunned it, which sent me on the sled(Wearing a helmet) shooting past him into a 2 foot tall scrub brush, sending the sled airborne with me on it, but not for long, as I came off of it and flew a couple feet off the ground for a good 70 feet, landing on my right thumb hard enough to plant it all the way in the ground, and jerk it back out backwards as the rest of me kept going. I was alright other than severely jamming, then dislocating my right thumb.

tri again
12-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Not trike related but survived nasty rapids.
Got out of the raft onto dry ground, took off the life jacket, slipped and fell
on the rocks and broke a few ribs.

I apparently need a life jacket on dry ground.
When it hurts to breathe, it's always funny.

How did this thread start anyways?

Tking
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
With a nut dent in my 185s fuel tank doing a dumb stunt. I have been very protective of the seeds ever since.
The only other bad pain I've had was racing up (what seemed almost vertical at the time) sand pit hills at the local gravel pit. I flipped my 185s backwards and broke some teeth out, but that didn't teach me a good lesson because i never stopped doing it. My trusty 185s never quite had the power or the right tires to make it to the top.

hillbilly 200x
12-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I had the great idea to try and take my dads 250sx up a hill that 350x's and 250r's where haveing a hard time trying to get up. lol I made it up about 1/4 the way and got the great idea to try and turn and come back down. Well I now know that you can't turn on hills. The bike ended up rolling down the hill about 6 or 7 times and i jumped out of the way. Luckly the rear fenders came off and nothing was broken :rolleyes:. About 2 weeks later I got a new rear shock for my 250r ( the old one has all rebond) and I hadn't really had any riding time on it yet. So I am going down this trail that has alot of bumps and it is kinda at the top of a hill, all of a sudden I am off the trail and going down this hill towards a 12'' pine tree. I was fine but my 250r needed a new headlight and the forks were bent after that. Sorry for the bad spelling

three_wheelin45
12-25-2011, 11:20 AM
lol, When I broke my thumb(cant remember if it was left or right??) but I was on my cousins predator 90 with my lil cousin sitting in front of me(he was 5) and I was goin as fast as it would run through this field(like 35) he said hey theres a ditch up here, I was like hes 5 I know what im doing. About 30 seconds later we hit this huge indention in the ground, I grabbed my cousin in my arm. and boom my thumb jammed the bars!! Cousin didnt get hurt though!! thank god or my ass would have been hurt to!