PDA

View Full Version : cordless impact wrenches?

atc200xkid
12-20-2011, 12:27 AM
so im going to buy a cordless impact this weekend. ill be using it on rims and whatnot on our farm but its real purpose will tearing down harvestore silos, sideline job lol. so my question is which one is the best to buy? it will be used and abused so it will have to be tough and we take out about 500 bolt per silo so it will have to hvae good batery life. any input? anyone buy one and what did you pay for it? thanks guys

leevarnado
12-20-2011, 12:34 AM
dewalt 36v or Milwaukee 28v both produce around 325 ft.lbs.i have a dewalt 18v ( 145 ft.lbs) and it will handle any job on my trike.

Tking
12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
We have a Dewalt 18volt 1/2in. drive on the farm and it works great. My brother uses a Hiliti 1/2 in. drive 18 volt and it seems to have more power than the Dewalt. Both are good quality and price isn't to bad.

big specht
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
I have a snap on lithim one it works good we use it allround the shop and farm. I heard the new milwaukee ones are good too

R-tifacts
12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
137963I have been using my milwaukee 18volt lithium ion in my garage every day for over a year now, never had a problem with it. I really like it, charge time is 15 min comes with two bat's and you can't run one out faster than the other one charges = non stop work. It also has a button on the bat you can push and it tells you the life left in the bat, really nice feature. The 1/2 gun is 500 foot lbs it is stronger than my 1/2 air impact. It was not cheap(I found the best deal on the net) but worth every penny. De-walt makes a great tool but I am not impressed with their batterys or the cost of replaceing them, you can just about buy the whole tool again.

SYKO
12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Ditto here, I got every snapon cordles in all sizes ,can't be beat

I have a snap on lithim one it works good we use it allround the shop and farm. I heard the new milwaukee ones are good too

WisconsinJohn
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Hilti all the way

Tking
12-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Just talked to the snap on man today he has two on the truck 18 volt 1/2 in. drive $555. Looks to be balanced very well when you handle it. Would be perfect for taking down Harvestor silos.

Jon Boy
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
don't really use one enough i figure to really matter, but my brother uses his DeWalt 18v impact everyday (i mean it's his baby lol) and he remodels houses for a living. he only uses 2 batteries, uses one while the other is charging. he prefers to use it instead of all the other drills and impacts he has. he swears by it and won't use anything else. i will agree with R-tifacts on how it's about the same to buy a new impact compared to a replacement battery though.

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2011, 06:53 PM
The RIDGID lithium ion batteries gave me nothing but problems. Always at the tool shop and like someone said, expensive batteries.

Cold was an issue too.

I will not buy them again. 450$ kit for HVAC.......

atc007
12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
While I believe in GOOD tools,,obviously. I bought a Chicago from Harbor,,4? years ago. One $17 battery later and it's still going strong! Not recommending it IF you can afford the Milwaukee,,I'm listening to Artifacts and that will be my next one,,maybe,,This Chicago has been top notch!

twitch101
12-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Milwaulkee is at the top of the game in lithium technology. I use a makita daily at work and on my trike and it handles everything. Comes with 2 batteries. I would reccomend getting the next size up battery. The dewalts can be rebuilt with ni-mh cells cheaper tham replacing it. My buddy that does alot of car work says his snapon 3/8 impact will break lugnuts most of the time so i imagine the 1/2 would have no problem.