PDA

View Full Version : YEP I Went and got another TRIKE. ATC 110

drivetime
12-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Well I started redoing my 200s and it will most likely take me some time to get it where I want it. But I was kicking around on the computer and went and found another trike to pick up and restore. I now own 2 trikes that are older then I am. Also as sick as it sounds I might be getting a 200x soon as well lol.

Its 1982 ATC 110. Its basically all original for the most part. Will for sure need some TLC. I already got to taking it apart and seeing what all I will need to do. I know for sure that the wiring harness will need a new one made or I will just order one.

Also how does the high and low gear work on this, I saw the switch over on it but it doesnt run and drive yet so I couldnt play with it to see exactly how it works. Im new to trikes in general and not too sure how this is setup.

Comments and Questions always appreciated.

Heres a Pic. From my phone so not the geatest.

JJMF1979
12-23-2011, 07:36 PM
you just slide the hi/low switch into the desired gear and then off you drive. you still have the other gears too but oblviously in low it goes slower and has more power i have the same trike so let me know if you want to know anything else. i also am rebuilding a 200x like you were saying you were getting, what year is it

drivetime
12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
I see. Im sure ill have some more questions for the 110 but as of now im just going to clean out the carb and change out few things to get it running again. Then ill drive it and im sure ill find out a few more things about. But I plan on doing a complete restore almost. Ill most likely refinish everything. Im not sure if ill keep it for long as my plans are down the road to grab a 250r or 350x and then have 200x also. I dont like riding alone lol. plus I can always find a buddy or some family to ride with me.

I was most likely getting an 84-85 200x. Not 100% on it though yet. I know the 86 is more desired but I havent really seen any in my area yet.

The 110 from what Ive seen will obviously need a headlight and a seat for sure. among some others

JJMF1979
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
ya i need a headlight for mine too they are like 100 and something, also if your gonna climb a hill you will probebly want to be in first gear with the 110 they don't have alot of power, i have a 84 200x i am taking apart and fixing up right now got it like 2 weeks ago, i also have a 200m
hope your seat pan is nice on the 110 or be prepared for a headache the 83 110's had a metal seat pan and mine was all rusted out

muthey
12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
well for both of you needing a seat pan and any others, here is a link to a guy that makes them if we all keep contacting him he will eventually fix the mold and start making them again. http://www.atcheaven.com/Seats.php?pageNum_Sea=1&totalRows_Sea=36

drivetime
12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
How can you tell what year it is? I know there is a sticker on the frame but the last number is kind of hard. It looks like a 2 but im not sure. the guy I got it from says it was an 85 which seems right, because the 82's had a different body style from what Ive seen unless there was like a crossover period.

Is there anyway to tell from the VIN # ?

And yes my seat pan has seen some better days

Tippmann98
12-24-2011, 09:19 AM
It's at least an '83 because of how the seat wraps around part of the tank. Post the VIN. Someone on here can tell you exactly what you have.

JJMF1979
12-24-2011, 10:44 AM
look on the engine near the shifter there will be a number like TB05E then a numer then you can come on the net and do a search and you'll find a list of serial numbers and years or probebly right on here there is one. i would say it is an 83 though

JJMF1979
12-24-2011, 10:45 AM
well for both of you needing a seat pan and any others, here is a link to a guy that makes them if we all keep contacting him he will eventually fix the mold and start making them again. http://www.atcheaven.com/Seats.php?pageNum_Sea=1&totalRows_Sea=36
I will thanks

drivetime
12-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Well I was actually studying the frame sticker a little more. It is an 82. Also it says right above the year 8/81 which makes it an 82.

Seems weird because I havent seen any 82's with this body style. Must have been an early production or something.

anybody know?

muthey
12-24-2011, 06:22 PM
it could be an 82 that some one changed the tank and rear fenders on. I have an old set of fiberglass 90 rear fenders that if I move my electrical components I can use them on my 125m, it was 6 mo ago that I got them but I'd almost swear the would fit perfectly, so there's your answer

drivetime
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM
it could be an 82 that some one changed the tank and rear fenders on. I have an old set of fiberglass 90 rear fenders that if I move my electrical components I can use them on my 125m, it was 6 mo ago that I got them but I'd almost swear the would fit perfectly, so there's your answer

Im not sure about that. Im not saying your wrong but from what ive seen the the frame is the same as the other 83-85 I was refering to. There is one on ebay now where hes has his rear fenders off and it all looks the same. Im pretty sure it exactly the same as the others.