PDA

View Full Version : Push start 200S

Swoff
12-23-2011, 07:46 PM
What's your trick to push starting? I ice fish alot and do not want to be stuck on the lake with a busted rope. Can you help? Like to know what gear to use etc.

Thanks in advance!

Swoff

ezmoney1979
12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Put a new rope on it.

drivetime
12-23-2011, 07:51 PM
A new rope is easy to do. Plus push starting on ice is no fun, after a couple failed attemps you will want to cry lol

muthey
12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
best gear for push starting is 3rd and up but I hate to say it can't be done, because some will be able to but you won't be able to do it on ice, not without studded tires and even then is going to be a pain

JJMF1979
12-23-2011, 11:47 PM
ya i would rater fix the recoil lol even on land

tri again
12-24-2011, 12:16 AM
What's your trick to push starting? I ice fish alot and do not want to be stuck on the lake with a busted rope. Can you help? Like to know what gear to use etc.

Thanks in advance!

Swoff
Some ropes have cable in them and will never break, or it's an urban legend.
I'd like to believe it's true.
Lawn mower ropes last about 3 pulls.
In any case, get the right diameter rope from a bike shop specific for abuse.

Interesting thing I keep forgetting is that when (200)? you press down on the shifter and HOLD
it there, it's like holding in a clutch on anything, car, truck or cycle.
If you let up Slowly on the shifter , it's like slipping a clutch.
so 2nd if you have great traction and you weigh enough,
or 3rd, get it rolling somehow and then let the shifter off is like popping a 'clutch'.
and if your wheels skid, if really could make you cry.
We have a short hill here and it a one chance, one trick pony so we need 2 trikes...you get the idea.

muthey
12-24-2011, 06:26 PM
one other thing about pull start ropes is that if you lightly grease them the hold up a little better than just the bare rope in there, and I mean lightly grease them. You don't want a stream of hot grease hitting your pants when you driven for a few hours shut it off to relieve yourself and start back up again

Swoff
12-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions for push starting! I wanted to know "just in case". I think in the end I will end up with a GOKI. I have a bum shoulder and pulling is the pits when she is cold. I will adjust the valves and throw in a new plug to be at max condition. I am a newbee and it's great to have feedback from all the cool cats that love 3 wheelers!138466138467

tri again
12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions for push starting! I wanted to know "just in case". I think in the end I will end up with a GOKI. I have a bum shoulder and pulling is the pits when she is cold. I will adjust the valves and throw in a new plug to be at max condition. I am a newbee and it's great to have feedback from all the cool cats that love 3 wheelers!138466138467

I've set a hairdryer on one of mine to warm it up before starting but now
opt for a droplight under the carb or against the engine case or cylinder.

Also makes sense to keep a sparkplug on the woodstove so it's screamin' hot.
and bring that one out to put in before starting.

Most of my trikes start if you just look at them crosseyed.
I had one start with 1/2 kick and it's hasn't been touched since July.

Jump starting on the lake?
Maybe lucky to find a nice clean boatramp with good traction.

The 200m is electric start.
I wonder if parts would fit to make a regular 200 into an 'm'
or at least just the starter parts.
I had one that I'd just jump with cables since the first start of the day was the killer.
None of the other electrics worked. Just starter and external battery.