PDA

View Full Version : Honda 250es Project

Rooters
12-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Ok I have a few ?'s I just recently bought a Honda 250es from a guy who wanted it out of his yard for $50 the best way to describe it was the plastics were beat up and and a flat back tire but the gave me a tire to replace the cut one. Front shock are shot! motor was clean but he said he could not get it to start b/c it needed a new carb.! so I said sure for $50 to take it home and a good project sure why not! So I got it home and looked it over and realized the reason it was not starting was b/c it was not getting any fire, so I changed the ignition coil thinking it was bad, nope that was not it so i changed the ignition switch and put a new carb in it! After all that was done I kick started it and it fired right up! Engine sounds strong and does not smoke only thing that i saw was it had a small leak in the exhaust. So I have tried to find where I can find new front shocks or used ones or a whole new front fork for it but I can not seem to find one! we took the front tire off tonight but could not get the shocks off! any suggestions on how to get the front shocks off b/c i can not seem to get them off! or does anyone know where I can get a new or used front fork or shocks for it! I will be probally asking alot more ?'s once I get to the next stage espically when I start to rewire it to have the elect start!