PDA

View Full Version : how does Paypall selling work

H95Shooter
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
The title explanes most of it. But how does it work does the money you get go into your checking account or how do you get the cash from a sale? Im just asking beacuse i got alot of atcs to part out 1 Tri moto 125 1 tri moto 175 3 atc 110s and alot of extra parts. This is not for sure yet I just need to figure out how paypall works

just ben
12-28-2011, 11:45 PM
you can transfer the funds to your bank account but it takes a few days.the best way IMO is the paypal debit card. it doesnt cost anything and can be used for purchases or at the ATM for cash

Greenthumb
12-28-2011, 11:45 PM
You can send a bill to someone via e-mail from paypal for anything. After accumulating money in your paypal account you can transfer it to a joined bank account or opt for a check by mail. Hope that helps.

Swinger
12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
I started out with it just transferring into my account but like Ben said, the card is the way to go. It takes like 7-10 days to recieve and then you activate it on your paypal account online. Its easy, if I can figure it out so can you. Get your account set up tonight and request a card so your not waiting around.

Xpress
12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
I linked my PP account to my bank account so if I buy something using PP it automatically comes out of my bank. Transferring funds from PP to the bank takes a day or two though. When you send money you're going to want to sendi t as a gift so the seller doesn't get charged for accepting it, nor do you get charged for sending.

KgoX
12-29-2011, 04:26 AM
I think the original poster is asking something along the lines of,
:example:
he's selling you a seat and wants you to use paypal to pay him, what steps need to be taken in order for you to send him money to his paypal account?

Scootertrash
12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I think the original poster is asking something along the lines of,
:example:
he's selling you a seat and wants you to use paypal to pay him, what steps need to be taken in order for you to send him money to his paypal account?

Seller goes to his/her Paypal account and clicks on the "Request Money" link, fills out the appropriate forms and submits them to paypal.

Paypal sends an email to the buyer stating that payment has been requested for that particular item or service

Buyer goes to paypal and pays

Paypal informs seller payment has been made and depsosited to his/her account

Seller ships item

Both parties go to the Feedback section of 3WW.com and post positve feedback for each other. HAPPY ENDING!!;)

If you are going to link Paypal to your bank account, I highly suggest opening an account for Paypal specific transactions only and then only keeping enough funds for your transactions in that account.
Why? If someone tries to hack or scam your paypal account(s), or uses a stolen CC to try to pay, Paypal will lock down your accounts until everything is straightened out, which at times can take months with Paypal, and by agreeing to Paypals terms of service (It's 37 or so pages. did you read them all before you agreed to them?) you agree to this policy.

I've used Paypal for several years and have never had any problems, but there are enough reports of this type of stuff by paypal to make sure I have my butt covered when it comes to my money. I have a Paypal specific bank account and keep minimum funds in both that account and my Paypal account.

If you want to be safe use USPS money orders. (at least until the Post Office goes bankrupt)

86T3
12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
If you're like me it goes like this. Sell a part for $35. Find a part for $50. Pay pal takes $15 out of the bank account and the wife thinks i'm buying parts cheap:cool:

Swinger
12-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Ha ha, thats what I have done a few times already. Works like a charm.

rdlsz24
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
If you're like me it goes like this. Sell a part for $35. Find a part for $50. Pay pal takes $15 out of the bank account and the wife thinks i'm buying parts cheap:cool:

Haha I usually do the same but I try to wait to I have enough in PayPal to cover the whole new part so she doesn't see charges at all. Then the trick is to grab the packages off the front porch before she sees them. Secret parts rule

Rob