PDA

View Full Version : hello from central illinois

the_chief
12-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Long time triker..got my first (and only) '85 250r when I was 15. Traded it for an old motorcycle for a couple of years, but gladly bought it back and will never part with it again! It's showing it's age, getting rather rickety on the trail, and it's certainly not as fast as the newer big bore 4 strokes..but it's still a blast to ride, and it certainly turns heads! My favorite quote from a buddy "I'm scared to go up these hills on my 4x4...then comes 'the_chief' going up it on 2 wheels!!".

tri again
12-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Long time triker..got my first (and only) '85 250r when I was 15. Traded it for an old motorcycle for a couple of years, but gladly bought it back and will never part with it again! It's showing it's age, getting rather rickety on the trail, and it's certainly not as fast as the newer big bore 4 strokes..but it's still a blast to ride, and it certainly turns heads! My favorite quote from a buddy "I'm scared to go up these hills on my 4x4...then comes 'the_chief' going up it on 2 wheels!!".

Whatchoo mean rickety?
Maybe time to oil / penetrant spray your swing arm bearings in case you have to go in .
Someone on here makes delrin or nylon bushing to replace the caged needles
and stainless swing bolt.

Great dune runners for sure.

the_chief
12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
compared to the new Raptor I picked up this summer...it is 'rickety'...I never realized what real suspension that can support 220# me can do!

250rsforlife
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
where in central IL are u from? cause if its close we should go ridin together not many of my freinds go anymore

the_chief
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
over by peoria... the majority of my riding takes place in my front yard with the kids on my lap..but we make it to the badlands once a year, and St. Joes on Thanksgiving...have to figure something out come next summer.

JasonB
01-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Welcome! and I actually run a set of those urethane bushings that replace the needle bearings in the swinger, work great. And if its too rickety for you theres always a big supply of new and used parts here to make it run nice and tight again ;)

I havent hit St Joe in like 3 years now, my GF (of 2 years) is paranoid of me riding there for having kids with three legs lol Theres a few other places locally now in MO like LeerJack that are supposed to be amazing.

the_chief
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
yeah, one of these winters I'm going to tear it down and replace anything that looks old and worn out..just need time..2 little boys keep me way too busy to try and tear into something right now.

have to check out leerjack next time we're in St. Joes country...looks nice.