PDA

View Full Version : making a trail with 200x = not fun

sgtpetrol
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Today me and 2 of my friends decided to make a trail in my back yard for my 200x and we got some decent parts done but there are fallen branches every where and i did not have a chainsaw so i took some logging chains and tried to pull it out with my trike bad idea lol! so ive decided i want a "utility" trike like a big red or something that with the racks and meant for work. so lemme know if u got something cheap that atleast runs

Swinger
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Ha ha ha, thats funny! Just reminded me of when I was pulling sections of telephone poles on my old X. Was tricky but got the job done!!

sgtpetrol
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
the log was to heavy for the trike when i tried to pull it, it lifted the front tire of the ground and barely budged lol. this weekend me and my cousin and his friend are takin our ATCs and other toys and makin a wide and big trail so it should be fun

Ha ha ha, thats funny! Just reminded me of when I was pulling sections of telephone poles on my old X. Was tricky but got the job done!!

Jon Boy
01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
sounds like you didn't have the chain below centerline of the axle. if it's above the centerline it'll want to pull the front up and go over backwards. after you get the trail figured out and cleared of the big stuff, the best thing i found for grooming is just to drag an old tire around behind you. just keep in mind not to go too fast with it and end up hooking it on a stump or something though. :lol:

ATCcountryboy
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
You're going to enjoy the big red if you get it. It has some SERIOUS pulling power. I one pulled a 500+ tree with a 180+ pound friend riding on the tree.

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
i had it hooked on the grab bar in the center i didnt know where else to hook it. and yeah ill keep that in mind :lol:

sounds like you didn't have the chain below centerline of the axle. if it's above the centerline it'll want to pull the front up and go over backwards. after you get the trail figured out and cleared of the big stuff, the best thing i found for grooming is just to drag an old tire around behind you. just keep in mind not to go too fast with it and end up hooking it on a stump or something though. :lol:

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
thats good to hear i always liked the look of those big reds, jw are they manual, auto clutch or automatic??

You're going to enjoy the big red if you get it. It has some SERIOUS pulling power. I one pulled a 500+ tree with a 180+ pound friend riding on the tree.

ATCcountryboy
01-03-2012, 04:30 PM
They are foot shift auto clutch. I also like the looks of the big reds too.

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
good thanks man, how do u like your big reds overall ?

They are foot shift auto clutch.

Jon Boy
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
IMO, BR are the caddy of 3wheelers. :beer

not sure if you have the clearance to use something like this, but this is what i use since i have no hitch yet. i just wrap it around my carrier and hook the chain to it. :lol:
2 150lbs carabiners and strap (forgotten the actual name for the strap).

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
yeah i heard those Big reds are the power horse of the three wheelers :Bounce, but that setup you got there looks like it would work pretty well :D , but do you know if it would work with hooking it on the grab bar since its so high because my 200x doesn't have a trailer hitch :wondering , which is part of the reason i want a big red

IMO, BR are the caddy of 3wheelers. :beer

not sure if you have the clearance to use something like this, but this is what i use since i have no hitch yet. i just wrap it around my carrier and hook the chain to it. :lol:
2 150lbs carabiners and strap (forgotten the actual name for the strap).

swampthang
01-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I think Jon Boy has that set up so he doesn't have to hook to his grab bar. You want to hook as low to the ground as possible so you dont wheelie up. Just run you chain or rope around your axle carrier.

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
okay thank you ill try that when i go back out this weekend to work on the trail

I think Jon Boy has that set up so he doesn't have to hook to his grab bar. You want to hook as low to the ground as possible so you dont wheelie up. Just run you chain or rope around your axle carrier.

ATCcountryboy
01-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I love my big reds. They are fun on trails and have PLENTY of power to haul stuff with. They are also nice if you are a bigger guy.

Jon Boy
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
okay thank you ill try that when i go back out this weekend to work on the trail
yeah swampthang is correct. only reason i use the strap also is so i don't mar or mangle my carrier. :beer

sgtpetrol
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
thanks! now i just need to get the strap and the hooks

yeah swampthang is correct. only reason i use the strap also is so i don't mar or mangle my carrier. :beer