PDA

View Full Version : New hampshire Ice Racing

eddie pettengil
01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
New Ice Racing Series in Northwood, NH. Every Saturday in Feb. 3 wheelers welcome and encouraged (6 makes a class, if not run with the quads) Come check us out. www.flattrackevolution.com

riverrat
01-09-2012, 02:30 AM
5.5 hours from me. Is there a place to stay near by? Can you race on the lake anyday of the week? If I can't find something locally, I might take a trip for a few days and enjoy some ice.

eddie pettengil
01-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Ya, thats a good trip. there are plenty of places to stay in the area. if you dont get any ice get ahold of me. I have a f350 with a plow that i cut many tracks with. you end up coming this way and ill make sure you have a place to ride everyday your here. We race on saturday in northwood.nh then on sunday we ride in waterboro,me (1 hour between tracks).

riverrat
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Mighty fine of you! If we crap out down here, I might take a few day trip there with the family just to have some fun on the ice. Thanks!!

riverrat
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Well no ice here, how's the ice up there doing? I am think of taking a haul up there around President's day weekend with the family and check it all out, providing I get my trike done. It would be cool if a few other guys came up and we got 6 for a 3 wheeler class.

eddie pettengil
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I have been keeping a eye on your build, that thing is coming along and looks Awsome. Hope I get a chance to see it in person. This weekend will be our 5th weekend of practice/racing. The ice has been great and I already had the F350 out plowing a small pond last weekend. Our actual racing series starts the first Saturday in Feb and everything looks good as far as starting on that date.

Getting a few guys would be great, it seams like all the trike ice racers are in your area. It's usually just me and one other guy on a Tri z. There is a group in the mass and conn area that ride trails in the woods of NH but that have not made it out on the ice yet.

I'm the organizer of the races here. I can set up anything you guys want. I'll even pay every trikes entry fee.

riverrat
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Hey that's mighty cool of you! Let's see how far I get this weekend, I'll try and put some words out. I think there is a few guys in Conn. that might come. John, and Chris said they wouldn't come, too far for Chris, and John wants to snowmobile. I just want to get at least a little time on the ice.

riverrat
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Repeat post, 3ww is a little buggy tonight.

ChrisD
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
That's almost 9 hours for me to get there. At this point, I would be lucky to get to GWL once this winter let alone Maine. I'm up for taking a trip up there next year, but having a 6 month old and my work schedule is a killer this year. I would love to get more people together for races / weekends. Bryan Raffa's generosity the past few years has been over the top and has resulted in some great times. Hopefully we can repeat that on our lake or someone else's.

eddie pettengil
01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I fully understand with the drive time. I have wanted to go to icefest the last 2 years but could not make the trip because of distance.

We have the Ice here in NH, we have the insurance for the ice racing program, I cant promise anything as far as paybacks or tropies because all the money goes to Camp Pride, a special needs camp for children. I can promise you racing, and a full day of it with as many classes as you want. I also could most likely turn it into a two day event.

We race for the love of it, bragging rights and a 8x12 framed picture with you holding a checkered flag with your atv in victory lane with the Flat Track Evolution sign. Who's gonna be the first trike racers to have it?

riverrat
01-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Sounds great! I don't care about the money or even winning for that matter, I just want to have a good time. If I win, then cool. I just want to be in one piece at the end of the day. I am 46 now, and pretty out of shape due to not riding, or working out to prepare for riding. I hope to get in a few workouts before I head up. Can you suggest some places to stay so I can check them out in advance? I am bringing 4 people.

fabiodriven
01-27-2012, 10:05 AM
There is a group in the mass and conn area that ride trails in the woods of NH but that have not made it out on the ice yet.

I was just flat-out lazy this year. I ruined my R taking somewhere I shouldn't have and haven't had the heart to even look at it since. I raced last year at Raffa's and it was a blast. I'd like to make it up there in the future though Eddie. I know of at least one other guy who would be interested in racing as well. A lot of the other guys that ride in our group haven't shown a whole lot of interest in ice racing though.

eddie pettengil
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
riverrat, I will be sending you a pm with some ?'s soon.

fabiodriven, I'm not trying to push or make anybody feel bad. Everyone has there own type of riding they like to do. I do hope to see you in the future. I have just recently bought some tires so I can try a ride with you guys after ice racing season.

When we first started ice racing in Northwood, They did not allow trikes. I asked all my buds to not support there atv class untill trikes were allowed. It took one year for them to change there atv rules to allow trikes. I started Flat Track Evolution last year and pretty much used the 2011 ice racing season as a practice season to gain members. This year will be our first official 4 race season. We have no sponsers, no membership fees just flat out racing for the love of it. Pretty much just like going to your local riding spot but with some organization and a point series. There is not enough support from the 3 wheeler group to have a class of there own but, I'm very interested in making one race a year dedicated for the trike racer. Maybe just use it as a back up for when Icefest gets cancelled so everyone still has the option to ice race.

Big Mike
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
I was just flat-out lazy this year. I ruined my R taking somewhere I shouldn't have and haven't had the heart to even look at it since. I raced last year at Raffa's and it was a blast. I'd like to make it up there in the future though Eddie. I know of at least one other guy who would be interested in racing as well. A lot of the other guys that ride in our group haven't shown a whole lot of interest in ice racing though.

I love ICE RACING! Its too bad there is no god damn ICE down here this year so far!!!!

riverrat
01-31-2012, 02:04 AM
You gonna come to NH Mike?

I am thrashing to get my trike together.

Big Mike
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
I might try to get up there. I am itching to race the ice, but the weather down here is not cooperating this year. I will have to see what I can do about doing it.

Big Mike
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Eddie, are there any entry fees to race up there? It is only an hour from me one way so driving up there shouldnt be too bad in the big ol' truck. Just trying to figure out how much a day of racing is going to cost. Let me know. Thanks.

Riverrat, when do you think you will go up, I would like to see some other trikes there so i dont have to compete against squares and get my arse handed to me or run over by one of those big ol' bastards.

eddie pettengil
01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Its $10 for your first class and $5 for any class after that. I can set up a trike class with 4 if you guys wanted to. You will get a 8 lap practice, 8 laps for each class for heats and 10-12 laps for each class for features. I'm paying the entry fees for one saturday of racing for every trike.

We could run a trike class and enter the unlimited, outlaw and sportsman quad classes.

Now with that said, We seem to be having ice problems also. They run cars on this track also so they like to see 16 inches of ice. Its not looking good. First race is this coming Saturday. They have not cancelled it yet.

Big Mike, I see that you joined the Flat Track Evolution site. If you ever plan on attending Northwood or any of the other places we run, give me a heads up. I also sometimes run a quad and would not want to miss out riding with another triker.

riverrat
02-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Ice problems??? NOOOOO!!! haha. I am trying to go up Presidents day weekend Mike. Heh, we don't need 16 inches of ice to race. :)

eddie pettengil
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
We always have a back up plan in place if the Evolution Ice Series in Northwood gets cancelled (like this week). This weekend we will be racing on a small pond in Berwick, ME called Murdock lake on a 1/8 mile oval or bigger. No entry fees, trophies or points, just straight up good racing. I bring the computer with my entry, heat, b-feature and a-main sheets and we race. Points are added up at the end of the day no matter if it's 5 races or 30. We call it "back forty racing" because we move it from pond to pond every week to promote and pick up new racers. If you guys come up, we won't get cancelled unless something crazy happens. But we might have to travel a little for it.

Big Mike
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok, I was thinking of doing the 11th and and 25th events. I am not going to be very competitive as this will only be my second and third time racing ice, but I am very into. So it could be like $20-30 a day of racing plus fuel. Thats not too bad at all. I did join your site Eddie, and I sure will keep you in the loop as to when I will be coming up. Berwick is a little bit of a drive for me to get to, so i will probably stick with the Northwood events. Thanks for responding back to my posts Eddie, I look forward to meeting you and racing with you on the ice.

Big Mike
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Also I think I have a tear in my rotator cuff right now, so I am hoping to see a doctor about that sometime soon, so I am hoping that doesnt sideline me for the season either.

riverrat
02-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't even know how competitive I would be. I am pretty out of shape, and not sure I could hold on for 12 laps, depends the track. I don't really care, just want to get out on the ice and have some fun. My studs are probably on their third year too, so you could have the fastest trike in the world, but if it doesn't hook up your beat. With everything else I've been doing, I won't be doing tires this season. But next year I got some plans.

eddie pettengil
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Race # 2 cancelled, this is not looking good. We are still racing on other ponds every weekend. This weekend we are racing in Berwick,ME testing out our Outlaw race format. You have to enter 3 heat races, top 8 with the most points goes to the A-main, everyone else goes to the B-Feature where we will take the top 4 position to advance to the a-main. Fun stuff.

Oh, my trike is done for the year. Bottom end problems.

riverrat
02-08-2012, 12:38 AM
If I do come up, I have a couple possible friends that might tag along. Quad guys.