PDA

View Full Version : Who ELSE is sick??!!

Dirtcrasher
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I barely get the sniffles. I never get sick and I don't take care of myself either, but this is as rare as an 86/87 200X durablue axle :lol:

Last time I got this bad was when a co-worker got really sick and refused to go to the doctor. He infected all of us from riding in our trucks together.

I fought this for a week, then hit the urgent care office and got some antibiotics for "asthmatic bronchitis".

A week has passed and I am still sick as hell. I can breath fine, but still have flu like symptoms.

Everyone I talk to seems to be getting this and it seems to last nearly a month.

Anyone else been infected?? I can't stand staying home anymore!

fire1
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I feel for you I had that crud took me 6 weeks to finally get rid of the cough.

3wheely
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep it's going around. My sons been in the hospital for a week and a half with it. My in-laws had it for a month. I hope I can keep away from it. Had the 24hr stomach bug a few weeks back.

Big Mike
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
You probably have whats called walking pnemonia (spelled incorrectly I know), it is going to take a while to bounce back from it. My family has been sick for about a month with it, but luckily for me I did not catch it. Are you working again Steve?

atc007
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I've got a cold,not bad at all. 2 of my girls started it?? 4 -5 weeks ago. Just enough to be miserable . Some years by now,we've been thru 2 full blown stomach bugs,and the Flu. Last year was Awesome,,so far so good this year. Hope you feel better Dc !

fabiodriven
01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Everybody's getting it Steve. I never get sick. I went years without catching anything, but a few months a go I started getting the sniffles a lot. Then it got so bad one day I had to leave work early and miss the next day.

Just last Friday I caught some 24 hour thing that knocked me on my arse. I went into work at 8 with nothing more than a little tickle in my throat. It was such a small tickle that I didn't even give it a second thought at first. I gave it a second thought when I was closing the shop doors for the day before 10. It hit me so fast and it was like a ton of bricks. I drove straight home and cranked up the wood stove to full blast. I was buried next to the stove in a hoody and a knitted cap under three blankets and couldn't stop shivering. I would get up periodically and take a hot shower. It was the only thing that offered any relief at all, albeit not that much.

I kept waking up in the night and I thought I was going to die. My whole body was aching and my head was killing me. All I could think was that if I woke up tomorrow feeling like this I would have to go to the hospital. I almost cried at a couple of points, no lie. This sh!t was no joke.

I woke up the next day and felt 1000 times better, but it was still lingering slightly. I had to cancel my plans for New Years Eve. I'd pretty much call it a 24 hour thing. Describing it as awful would be a huge understatement.

I hope you get better soon Stephen!

RIDE-RED 250r
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Same here... seldom get sick. But started yesterday with the body-aches, scratchy throat and the sniffles and feeling like general crap.

atc007
01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry for liking that Fabio ! I got that stuff about 15 years ago. Came in for lunch,,good to go,,after lunch,,could barely drag my ass off the couch. Height of sled season,in a snowstorm.. Luckily my nephew was there for me,,he was real tired of being me after a couple days! Highest fever I've ever had.

dcreel
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm just getting over it.. 2000 mg of amoxicilin per day to prevent pneumonia.. I haven't been that sick since I was a kid. I was in bed for a day and a half.. flu, shakes, body aches, coughing up a lung, dry spot in my throat I couldn't get rid of.. That was a week ago.. Now I'm left coughing up lots of phlegm and a seriously runny nose every time I go outside..

The dr. said a lot of it around here is the fact that it hasn't gotten cold enough to kill off the flu bugs floating around.

Dirtcrasher
01-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Thats the strangest part of all of this; It comes and goes. You feel a bit better then BAM, you down again.

I was cleaning trash in one of the houses backyards from the idiots who dumped/dump there (another reason I need a critter cam), and 2 hours later, I had to go home. It hit me fast........

whyzee
01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Wicked colds here in my entire family. Kids have been home the last 2 days. Wife has bronchitis, I am coughing so hard I almost puke at times. Weird thing is, no one has a fever? ?

Billy Golightly
01-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Iv'e had it since Sunday. Similar symptons as you guys have mentioned, coughing, scratchy throat, congested, irritated drippy sinuses, etc. tomorrow will be the third day my voice has been done.

beets442
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I got a free flu shot from work about 1 month ago. Monday my sinus's were sore, so I tried that Zicam thats suppose to shorten it but didn't do crap and by tue it was on,sore throat,runny nose,ache,cough and lite fever.Now just have stuffy sinus's. I haven't been sick since last spring.
Hopefully fishing in MI. will take it off my mind.

ATCcountryboy
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
I just started to get a cold today because my whole family had it. Just when I thought that I wasn't going to get....I got it. I guess I need to start taking some C.

Mosh
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I got this crap too about last Monday..I dont think I got it as bad as some, but massive sinuses, headache, stomach aches etc..
So I doubled up on my meds in the form of 12 oz cans and 1/5 bottles. About 80% over it today.

ezmoney1979
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I am noticing all you guys are very east of me. Keep that crap on your side of the country! I havent been sick in years, and like you DC, I dont take care of myself. I feel for ya guys, when I do get sick I act like a little friggin baby, its bad. I hope you guys all start feeling better!

dickieg89
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I am just sick in the head currently.

Mrs.Mosh
01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds like everyone is sick.
I started getting it last night/this morning...fever all day. I HATE being sick.
I agree that this winter hasn't been cold enough. Back and forth temp. Earlier this week it was cold, and snow on the ground...today feels like spring.

rdlsz24
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
People here at work have been sick and missed days but I haven't got it. It's 53 degrees here in IL today wtf. I'm ready for snow!

Rob

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Wicked colds here in my entire family. Kids have been home the last 2 days. Wife has bronchitis, I am coughing so hard I almost puke at times. Weird thing is, no one has a fever? ?

Same here, no fever at all! I thought the doc would think I was lying :lol:

atc007
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
It's setting in here worse on me and the little one. I would MUCH rather get my ass decimated with fever like Fabio did ,and get back onto healing up. I agree 100% with Mrs Mosh. Iv'e said it before,,We are Supposed to have Snow and Winter!!!! Rather we like it or not! Oh well,I need to go get me a Halls ..

350XJEDI
01-07-2012, 02:18 AM
grandkids brought it over for me, now I feel like death warmed over,no rideing this weekend

250rAL
01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I've just got a miserable head cold. Sinuses are running like a leaky faucet and I get sneezing fits. Most miserable day I've ever spent at work.

350XJEDI
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
:Dtook almost a week but i think i beat the cold/flu trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro was brutal ruined my weekend plans for riding..:( hoping to ride this weekend :cool:

Dirtcrasher
01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
2.5 weeks now, just starting to feel better............

Still can't sleep though. Maybe because I am falling behind with work? IDK

350XJEDI
01-11-2012, 11:09 PM
:(wow thats a bad one, I started takeing 3 chewable vitamin c's every day as soon as it started then daytime/nighttime tylenol cold seemed to help the wors part was it kicked my asthma in ,I normoly dont have to much trouble, and like you said i dont take the best care of myself . i ride in the cold rain ,mud seat deep ,dont get enough sleep ,working doing firewood for cash like a crazy just to get a little ahead.. but obamanomics !!gotta get some sleep thats the key,:idea:try a shot of yeager before bed.:D

Dirtcrasher
01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
^ Your dead on with the strong alcohol, it will knock me right out. I just haven't felt like leaving the house......

daniel_250r
01-12-2012, 12:36 AM
its not here in ontario yet i do believe. whenever i get even the slightest tickle i gargle salt water. last time i was sick was last year when i drank milk straight out of the tank...fun!

atc007
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I had my first drink of milk,,NOT straight out of the tank when I was 33 : )

atctim
01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I've been sick since before Christmas. After missing 1/2 day work yesterday - I finally broke down and went to the Doctor (something I NEVER do for something as dumb as a cold / sickness). I'm on Antibiotics now - hope that knocks it out of me. Talk about miserable. Everytime I thought I was getting better - BANG - it would smack me in the face again!

Russell 350X
01-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I haven't been sick yet, usually don't get sick amazingly, seeing as I work outside in the sh!t everyday. Might catch a small cold but not enough to bother me. A bit of cheap ice beer and Fireball usually cures my illnesses :lol::lol::lol: