PDA

View Full Version : 83' 110- needs more power!

mattswan267
01-07-2012, 01:56 AM
I have an 83' atc 110. I got it for $100 and the thing was ciezed, I tore it down and went through the whole bike front to back. It runs great now- starts first pull every time. I just gotta get more power outta this thing, I ported the head out quite a bit which helped a ton but I need more power still. Ive heard of people running a rod out of a 90 and some sorta short skirted piston and it'll put ya up to 142cc's or something? but I haven't heard details. I'm new to the little three wheelers and dont really know what my options are. I would like to keep the original engine in it, I'm not afraid of any kind of big bore pistons or anything or stroker, I want it to be a sleeper.

I can do all the machine work at our shop(my dad owns an atv engine building shop) so any kind of machine work/assembly/ dissasembly isn't a problem.

Just curious as to what my best "Bang-For-Buck" options are. If anyones had any expirience with anything like this, any input would be appreciated!

-Thanks

drivetime
01-07-2012, 02:02 AM
ebay has a couple piston kits that should work for you. or I believe bikebandit.com has kits.

shortline10
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Having a CDI ignition motor your kinda limited on the upgrades , most of the hop-up parts were made for the points style 90/110 motors . Their are parts out their for them like a big bore kit and performance cam shaft that will really wake up the trike .
I have most of the parts your looking for so if your interested give me a PM .

jmax857
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't some of the lifan motors bolt in?

auto x 84
01-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I feel your pain. If your use to riding. 200s and up the difference in performance is day and night. I bought a 110 84' so my gf could ride with me. Even came with a nice dg exhaust setup. Cleaned the Carb switched jets. Still doesn't have the power I need but it a perfect starter trike for gf's or kids. If your need is for speed. You'll have to get into something a lil bigger . Depending on your riding style and what your looking for.

Lamont
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Loosen spark plug. pull 110 out from under plug. place 185 under spark plug, Tighten plug.

:D

auto x 84
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
In my opinion pouring money into the non suspended model is useless. Keep it a classic.keep it stock.run what ya brung.

auto x 84
01-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Lol Lamont is on the right track.