PDA

View Full Version : CL FL400R Scam

Jon Boy
01-07-2012, 01:00 PM
last few months i've been seeing this FL400R CL listing. it's being listed in various areas across the US. i found the listing in Mattoon IL. and my buddy was interested in it so i contacted the guy. he told me he was in the Navy in N.H. (i think it was NH, but can't remember exactly at the moment). he replies back saying it's not there in Mattoon, it was with him, but he can send it at no cost to my buddy...etc...etc... all the rest of the stuff they warn you about with scammers. now here's 2 examples of the listing i'm talking about. did find one listing for Chicago that had a differant 2nd pic, but still the exact same listing. i ask you DO NOT FLAG these so others can see what the listing looks like. this is the same one that was posted about here the other day and also a few times in the last few months.

FL400R listing in Los Angeles
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/2784541873.html

FL400R listing in New York
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/2783026673.html

dcreel
01-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Yep, I've seen it too.. I thought it was too good to be true..

jb2wheels
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Been all over TX as well. I got so excited ...

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
i saw it too i thought it was a good deal guess it was to good to be true.

TatTooL23
01-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow. Thats funny. I emailed that guy today. Lol. Thanks for the heads up

Jon Boy
01-07-2012, 09:17 PM
did you ask them if you can meet up to see it or something? let us know what he says. i'm just curious.

300rman
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Well, Let the Trolling begin!

I'm gonna string this guy along and see if I can get a meeting place out of him. I'm a "flight attendant", so I get real cheap plane tickets :naughty:

First message
"When could we meet? If that thing is as nice as the pictures look, I'll give you $2500 if you hold it for me."

TatTooL23
01-08-2012, 02:03 AM
He has not replied to me yet

Headsup
01-08-2012, 05:01 AM
I will hack his email address, Get his Ip and send him a RAT...

Just j/k LOL

300rman
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
He replied to me. I'm gonna try to get him to accept a Cashiers Check for payment. Little does he know I have another guy trying to buy something from me using the "ill send you a cashiers check, then you wire my "shipper" the extra so he can ship the item" scam.

So the plan is to get the buyer/scammer to send a cashiers check to the FL400 scammer as payment :twisted::naughty:

Dirtcrasher
01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
It would be awesome to see him get and try to cash a "fake" cashiers check, only to find out he's been had while he's smiling thinking he has the upper hand.....

300rman
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
It would be awesome to see him get and try to cash a "fake" cashiers check, only to find out he's been had while he's smiling thinking he has the upper hand.....

He would be able to cash the check. no problem. 10 days later, the check would bounce, then he would be liable for the amount he cashed. bahahaha

WisconsinJohn
01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Nice idea.

hadar
01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
I like it, Keep us informed.

300rman
01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
The FL400 scammer's reply.

There isnt much story on the guy sending the check. I just have to try to get the FL400 guy to accept a check and give me the info that the other scammer wants to put on the check.
I don think the FL400 guy is gonna bite.

I also dont see how he is using Ebay/Paypal to scam?

Thanks for your reply.
As i told you i am stuck here in this base and i have restrictions in communicating due to the medical and physical exams that i have to complete. If you are really interested in buying it I have to let you know that I want a fast deal.
The transaction will close only through eBay so we both will be protected.
I want eBay because as they are the biggest US company and I think that we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. I don't have to much time and also I am not very familiar with the internet transactions and eBay is the only one I know. Please let me explain how this transaction works. In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to eBay. As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start with delivery. After that you will receive all information about delivery. eBay will hold your payment until you receive and inspect the quad (you have 3 days for inspection) If you will find the smallest problem with the quad you will ship it back on my expense and eBay will make you a full refund.
If interested I need your contact info for eBay, full name and shipping address so we can proceed.
Thanks

300rman
01-13-2012, 05:29 PM
the FL400 guy isnt biting. He insists I give him my name, shipping address etc. so he can "start the transaction". Somehow he will mail me an invoice with payment instructions or whatnot.

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
^ So what, give him your neighbors :lol:

300rman
01-13-2012, 09:13 PM
^ So what, give him your neighbors :lol:

I gave him my addy, but with my alias: Herbert "Herp" McDerpington! That will be a good conversation piece to have laminated LMAO!

RapidRick
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Hey here is the latest one I've come across just from last week here in CA. The date was Jan 10, 2012

tony macford [to00macf@gmail.com]

Thanks for your response, I am quite okay with your price, I want you to understand that I am willing and ready to purchase it right away and i will offer you the price,so please withdrawn the advert on Craigslist as sold and consider me as your favorite buyer,Note that I have a shipper/mover who handles my shipping arrangement anywhere in the world,they would be coming for the pick up, after you have received your payment, which would be made through PayPal, If this is acceptable,as I am an Marine officer and am at work right now on the sea and i can only pay you through PayPal at the moment as I do not have access to my bank account online,but I have it attached to my PayPal account,so get back to me with your PayPal email address in order to proceed with your payment and if you don't have a PayPal account you can easily set up an account with PayPal on www.paypal.com.

1) The pictures
2) What is the condition?
3) Are you the First Owner?
4) Your PayPal Email Address
5) Your Picked Up Location Address

Get back to me with your address so i can forward to the shipping company to schedule an appointment with you for pick up. I have a private pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made.
Thanks and i will look forward to read back from you.
Tony

I responded:

Ok, Tony, I've shipped trikes before.

You mention that your are a Marine. Thank you for serving. What is your unit? Are you afloat, TDA, or stationed stateside or abroad?

Where would this item be shipped to?

How does your shipper require the item to be secured for shipped?

Rick

Have not heard back from him.....but will keep you all posted.

300rman
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
You recieve a payment through paypal. you recieve payment. you withdraw payment. I know from the wording of the message its a scam, but how does this one work out?

RapidRick
01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Never heard back

Jon Boy
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
yep, that's about what i got from them. :lol:

RIDE-RED 250r
01-14-2012, 10:37 PM
It's funny how they always want you to remove your CL ad as soon as possible... I hate scammers. Lowlifes..

300rman
01-15-2012, 06:16 PM
It's funny how they always want you to remove your CL ad as soon as possible... I hate scammers. Lowlifes..

That makes it seem more legit, for the people falling for it.