PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Sx begins NOW!!!!!!!

tecat-z
01-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Well guys, it's finally here.:naughty: The beginning of what appears to have all the makings of another great season of racing. My plans are to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
SAY IT!!!!! :beer

whyzee
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Cant wait! !!!!!

Dirtcrasher
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm on it, lets see what Stewart can do!!

Mosh
01-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Well not as "competitive" as I thought it would be..The champ just kinda fired up the bike and clicked it in 5th and never looked back.
Dungey showed some life though for a few minutes. I think we may see a carbon copy of last years points battle as far as the 450's go barring injuries.
I really hope Canard can get going again soon. I like that guy, he is quick, but he cant stay out of the yard sales it seems.

We will have to see next week what happens.

whyzee
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
This weeks track looks way better than that arenacross track of last week.
Should be some great racing. I haven't heard if Canard is racing tonight but if he is I'd look for a top 5 from him, would love to see him win after all he has been through the last few years.

Dirtcrasher
01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Villapoto was fast but made a mistake, Stewart was, well, Stewart. Reeds fast, Alessi gets starts but thats it......

Looking forward to the main!

Dirtcrasher
01-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Glad the Pats won, but Stewart isn't doing so hot; I may have to take his poster down :(

whyzee
01-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Stewart is definitely having some trouble. We all love a comeback story especially from a past champion
I was hoping stewart could pull off a win, then again I have so much respect for all the riders I would love to see them all have a win!
Trey had an incredible return. Showed alot of speed and maturity.

fabiodriven
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm bored by modern moto cross. I prefer to watch rally racing, especially the Dakar.

dcreel
01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm bored by modern moto cross. I prefer to watch rally racing, especially the Dakar.

I feel the same way about NASCAR.. My whole family loves motocross and Supercross my family took me to the races as a kid, I take my kids to the races every chance I can. We will be going to the Houston and Vegas Supercross races this year. We went to the finals in Vegas last year. My 7 year old daughter has already started making her Villopoto #1 sign for Houston.. I've met and gotten autographs from most of the racers. If I could afford to go to every race I would..

My daughter is going to start racing in the 50cc class this year. WOOT!!

Last year I was a huge Stewart fan.. I still am and would love to see him shake the monkey off his back but he has some issues going on that are affecting his abilities as one of the most amazing riders to watch. He does things nobody else will try.. Bunnyhopping the wall at Daytona last year was one of them.. amazing.

This year I'm on the fence.. I'd love to see Reed win because he put the time in, he's earned it. He's a douchebag but he's a good rider. I'd love to see Windham win because he's a great guy and he has also put in his time. It would be great to see Dungey pull off the 1st Supercross championship for KTM. After Phoenix he's one step closer. Villopoto is my dude and I hope he sweeps everything this year as well.. With all of the crashes and injuries that Canard has had he still smiles, Thanks God and pulls it off.. He's a great guy as well, not to mention he's from Oklahoma.. Broke his shoulder in November and took 7th in his first race back in January.. Weimer may have a chnce but he needs to pick it up..

In the lites, I hope Malcolm Stewart pulls the win in the East Coast Lites, and Wilson pulls the win for the West Coast Lites.. I've always been a fan of the Monster Pro Circuit team and how Mitch Payton runs it..

Did you see the Phoenix LCQ for the Lites?? The 2 guys battling for the last position to go in the main are battling it out like crazy.. block passing each other and then the 3rd place guy on the last lap takes them both out and over the berm... Awesome..

ctk
02-07-2012, 03:23 PM
well 5 races in.

Dirtcrasher
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Villapoto is both humble and seemingly near unstoppable!!

I love Stewart, he just crashes too much and can't seem to focus in the last couple seasons.....

300rman
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I like Stewart, but he wasn't as good as RC. Hes probably between McGrath and RC....damn that guy was fast.

Mosh
02-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Dont forget tonight 2-11-12 LIVE on SPEED, complete coverage...

dcreel
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Dont forget tonight 2-11-12 LIVE on SPEED, complete coverage...

It's about time.. CBS coverage SUCKS!!!

Mosh
02-11-2012, 07:36 PM
It's about time.. CBS coverage SUCKS!!!
Totally agree..But I guess at least they cover it...

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Damn, started at 10:30 EST. It will be over at 1:30AM; I can't stay up that late intentionally anymore :lol:

At least it's on the NFL had it all screwed up for weeks!

dcreel
02-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh my God, what a race.... Reed and Villopoto dicing it the last 3 laps of the main.. Me, the wife and our daughter were on our feet yelling at the tv... Amazing racing... and.... Stewart took another dirt sample.. :lol:

whyzee
02-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Gotta agree Dcreel. For 15 minutes it was nearly a snooze fest but those last 4 or 5 laps when reed and villipoto starting getting into the lappers ..Holy crap did I wake up and I was screaming at the TV also! !! What a finish! !
I was not happy with Dungeys take out of Weimer .. Loved watching Windham get past Metty. Too bad he went down later. And James??? I just don't understand what is up with him ..

Mosh
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Good race, I was pulling for Reed. the whoops really brought out the better riders.

After the post race comments from quite a few riders, it looks like "No More MR nice guy". I think we are gonna see alot of beatin and banging next week, and I think Stewart may start to come on like a freight train. He almost always seems to do poor the first few rounds, then clammer back.

Dirtcrasher
02-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Stewart is no longer "the fastest man on the planet", maybe the "crashing-est man on the planet!"

Lots of talent out there now; looking forward to the East Coast lites starting up!

ctk
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
great riding/racing between villipoto/reed. I bet there is some great banging next week.

Dirtcrasher
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Glad you made the 1st corner James. I'm not a fair weather fan but James is not impressing me. That certainly was a short, "fastest man on the planet" run.... :(

Dirtcrasher
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
No face-plants tonite, Stewarts out!! :lol:

ctk
03-26-2012, 07:57 PM
villapoto has the championship wrapped up. He would have to crash and be out for the season at this point. Toronto needs a new race venue or track. That track last weekend sucked, I guess it didnt help that villapoto had no competion after the first few laps.

stillhunter
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Was great live.Villapoto walked right away but the guy in the pink made the show.Grab a mittfull and hang on .lol Looked like he might get the holeshot if not for those bales oh ya and turning

Kintore
03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I was in TO for SX as well, I loved it, the track wasnt that bad I didnt think. Very slick and rocky though.

RV2 is gone, hes so far ahead in the points no one can grab him. He wants to wrap this up now, so he can be on cruise control rest of it. He is the BEST in the world right now, simple as that.

I was also impressed with justin brayton, the boy is fast, needs some physical condition but he was less than a second off villipoto for the first 9-10 laps.

dcreel
04-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Alright, New Orleans Supercross is later today... CBS is doing there normal pooey job of showing the race the day after.

RV2 has already wrapped up the championship with 4 races to go. Canard, Morais, Reed, and Windham have all crashed themselves out of the season. Although Windham is supposed to give practice a shot today, after dislocating his shoulder..

Reed has chosen Ben Townley to race his bike in the outdoors for 22 Motorsports, but Townley just crashed practicing in Australia and busted up his hip.

Stewart supposedly has a broken hand and nobody knows what is going on with him. There are rumors that there isn't a JS7 bike on display at JGR anymore and that he was seen testing with Metty on Suzukis.. lol

In the lites class Barcia was taken out by a lapper on the last lap at Houston, Roczen got the win Barcia 2nd. He then went to where the lapper was laying on the ground being taken care of by the asterisk crew yelled at the lapper and roosted them both. Went on to roost Roczen the winner, and cry on the podium to Erin Bates.. lol

Ricky Renner has taken paypal donations to show up at New Orleans with a YZ125 to race in the lites class. When he showed up at the track, AMA officials have marked his YZ125 for a teardown. Apparently the AMA is afraid a 2 stroke (GASP!) might actually win a lites class victory. Stay tuned folks its heating up.. LOL

whyzee
04-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Alright, New Orleans Supercross is later today... CBS is doing there normal pooey job of showing the race the day after.

RV2 has already wrapped up the championship with 4 races to go. Canard, Morais, Reed, and Windham have all crashed themselves out of the season. Although Windham is supposed to give practice a shot today, after dislocating his shoulder..

Reed has chosen Ben Townley to race his bike in the outdoors for 22 Motorsports, but Townley just crashed practicing in Australia and busted up his hip.

Stewart supposedly has a broken hand and nobody knows what is going on with him. There are rumors that there isn't a JS7 bike on display at JGR anymore and that he was seen testing with Metty on Suzukis.. lol

In the lites class Barcia was taken out by a lapper on the last lap at Houston, Roczen got the win Barcia 2nd. He then went to where the lapper was laying on the ground being taken care of by the asterisk crew yelled at the lapper and roosted them both. Went on to roost Roczen the winner, and cry on the podium to Erin Bates.. lol

Ricky Renner has taken paypal donations to show up at New Orleans with a YZ125 to race in the lites class. When he showed up at the track, AMA officials have marked his YZ125 for a teardown. Apparently the AMA is afraid a 2 stroke (GASP!) might actually win a lites class victory. Stay tuned folks its heating up.. LOL

Thanks for the update Doug ! you have gotten me pysched about tonights race..feels good ! Wish speed had it on, i'm not sure I can wait till tomorrow to watch it. I will try and hunt down a live stream on the web..probably impossible though.
The track looks extremely tight and technical with a big sand section. Going to be fun !

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Nice race 2day. Wish Short was 1st, but it is what it is.

I cannot believe how many guys are out -Windham, Stewart, Reed as well as Villapoto. If Alessi had any brains, he could have done better this year.......

This has been one CRAZY series........