PDA

View Full Version : Will This Seal Fit?! Please help ASAP

rodeofan5656
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
i need seals for the carrier on my 1986 200x. this seal, (see link) has the same dimensions, but i need to know if it fits

http://www.thebigbearingstore.com/servlet/the-2642/44X62X7TC9-Metric-Oil-Seal/Detail

350XJEDI
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
it looks right , useally if you order a set of bearings the seals are included its about 36$ but worth every penny to have fresh bearings and seals , good luck

rodeofan5656
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
well, i went with bearings from the Big Bearing Store site. they were $4.22 apiece. i found the seals for $9.51 each on another site. i couldnt find a bearing and seal kit for an '86 any less than $50, which i think is B.S. cause it doesnt even take $20 to make the stupid things. the OEM companies dont need to make THAT much money! im sure theyre gettin enuf

DocBA
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Man, I wrench on cars every day, and I can't tell you how much crap is like that. Just another fabulous illustration of how the big companies have us by the short hairs

rodeofan5656
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Man, I wrench on cars every day, and I can't tell you how much crap is like that. Just another fabulous illustration of how the big companies have us by the short hairs

i dont work on mine everyday, due to the lack of money. but from what ive found on the three trucks ive had, the small shops are where you wanna go. its easy to go to big places like MAPowersports or O'Reillys or AutoZone (KS examples), but their parts are usually crap and WAY too overpriced. small shops thatre barely known are the best places to go. they dont screw you over cause they know how it is not bein able to afford stuff

DocBA
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I work at a dealership, and it pays the bill, but the prices we charge are outrageous! Nearly a hundred dollars an hour labor rate! On the other hand rates like that keep me in a little bit of side work.

rodeofan5656
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I work at a dealership, and it pays the bill, but the prices we charge are outrageous! Nearly a hundred dollars an hour labor rate! On the other hand rates like that keep me in a little bit of side work.

well, i can see it goin both ways. we hate gettin charged out the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for parts and labor, but thats whats keepin food on the table for the guys who work there