PDA

View Full Version : 200X Kick Start ISSUES

drivetime
01-10-2012, 01:39 AM
I bought a new kick start assembly for my 200x. I have the common issue where my kick start skips when trying to kick over the motor. I started tearing into the motor and I know that the whole motor has to come apart basically. What im asking is, is there special tools needed to do this? i have the book for the 200x and special tools are shown alot through the process. Is there any short cuts to doing this?

any help would be appreciated

curtis slawson
01-10-2012, 01:46 AM
you will need a 4 way keylock shocket to take clutch hub off and the crank gear. but you can make one outta of and old black socket ill get picture for you that one i made. and no there's really no short cut to this job take your time.

curtis slawson
01-10-2012, 02:17 AM
socket size is 13/16

just use a angle ginder or hack saw

http://i39.tinypic.com/38yo0.jpg

shortline10
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Make sure you replace the ratchet spring or you will be slipping in no time again .

drivetime
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
So basically just undo the 4 clutch spring bolts then use a socket like that to remove the 4 way bolt.

Also what about getting the alternator housing or stator (I forgot the name of it) off? I know the book says to use a puller but is there another way to get it off? i tried tapping it to slide it off but its on there good.

curtis slawson
01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
ye just undo the clutch bolts then behide there is a 4 way locknut witch you will need a shocket. I never took the magneto off when i split my case open you dont really have to. unless your taking your crank out etc.. the case come's apart from the right side and all your gears tranny stay's in the left side of the motor so you really dont neeed to take the magneto off. If you want to take the magneto off you will need a special tool. aka magneto puller

drivetime
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM
ye just undo the clutch bolts then behide there is a 4 way locknut witch you will need a shocket. I never took the magneto off when i split my case open you dont really have to. unless your taking your crank out etc.. the case come's apart from the right side and all your gears tranny stay's in the left side of the motor so you really dont neeed to take the magneto off. If you want to take the magneto off you will need a special tool. aka magneto puller

hey thanks for that. From what the book shows it seems like the magneto needs to come off. hopefully i can get that nut off today and finish up so I can rip by the weekend.