PDA

View Full Version : WOT when starting 1985 Yamaha 225DX.

pokienoze
01-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Can anyone tell me why when I start the 3 wheeler the motor runs wide open? The thumb throttle itself isn't stuck but I hit the thumb throttle and it makes no difference. I have to quick shut it off. Any suggestions? We rebuilt the carb and not sure what is causing this. Did we not get it back together right??

jeswinehart
01-13-2012, 08:56 PM
You might want to unscrew the top and double check you got the slide in correctly.
It should drop all the way down when installed correstly.
You can put then in wrong and feels like it is okay (noramlly kinda hard to get the top cap back on) and it will rev @ wide open

pokienoze
01-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I already checked the slide. It was set all the way down in and the cap went on easily. I even took the hose to the air box off the back of the carb and put my finger in there to see if the slide moved when I worked the thumb throttle. It seemed to go up and down ok.

muthey
01-14-2012, 02:02 AM
one more thing with the slide you might want to check, look in the back part to see if the w clip popped up, sometimes they do and it allows your needle to come up allowing too much fuel, also is there a chance that the pilot jet got plugged on you from debris coming out of the fuel tank?

Tippmann98
01-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Is your throttle cable hung up? Make sure there's a little play in it.

pokienoze
01-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Throttle cable is fine.