PDA

View Full Version : '83 BigRed Project

Amater45
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, winter project for me. Looking for parts, nothing really much.

Tanks still good, going to be painting it back to red. Definitely not the right forks, its an 83 200e. no idea what the forks are from?? got the storage box, just not in the pic. all tires hold air! unsure of running condition, as the carb needs tuning, been sitting on its side for about 2 months with gas in it. but will update when i get it running. Came with a bunch of spare parts, got it for 175. Guy gave me a "spare frame" and its a 1985 200s frame. guess he couldn't read

*edit* fenders wernt attached, so they have bit of sag haha

Need: front end everything
ignition
rear fenders
seat
break cables for front, and a lever
exhaust (got a stock gutted one, sounds like crud, thinking a DG RCM?)
Battery

Another question, will a two piece rim fit the right front end? dont really feel like buying a whole new tire and everything for it as the one i got is perfect. Willing to trade the current one i got for a 82-84 front end, maybe some cash for a good one.

Lord Letto 20
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Looks like "Hell" of a Project. if you lived closer, i'm trying to sell my 83 Big Red that would be a lot easyer to fix than that one i think, maybe use that one (The one you got now) for parts (For what good Parts may be on it that is).

Amater45
01-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Yea she's seen a bit of use and abuse, more like abuse haha. but i dont mind her being a little beat around the edges, just my workings. and if its too nice i wont want to ride it haha. and i like getting into things for work, so i dont mind.