PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto yt125 suspention upgrade questions

nyshawn
01-17-2012, 09:42 AM
would it be worth the money to buy yt175 front forks and how difficult would it be to put rear suspention in a yt125, and cost would it make the trike more valueable to have these upgrades because id like to upgrade my tri moto but i dont plan on keeping it forever id like to sell it in the future and like to get asmuch for it as i can. to narrow my question down how much should i plan on spending for full suspention and how much would it increase the value of the three wheeler.

jb2wheels
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
You have to define "worth it".

You'll have more $$ in it than you'll ever get out of it.

Maybe worth it if "worth it" means "had a great time working on my trike and it's better for it" and "now I have a cool and unique YT125".

In the end, you have a 125 Tri-Moto you don't want long term anyway. Save the $$ for something with legs.

Here's a thread with interesting links I found using Google...
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/123073-custom-yt175-rear-suspension

nyshawn
01-17-2012, 04:49 PM
well i think putting rear suspention would be alittle over board for something i wont be keeping threw spring this was my first 3 wheeler i rebuild the top end and now im rebuilding the carb and that should be it to have her running like new but i noticed that honda front end forks can be relitively cheap like $50 do you think i could put a pair of honda atc 200x forks on a yamaha yt125? i cant find a find a pair of yt175 forks on ebay.