PDA

View Full Version : Free Knowledge, How do you feel about it?

YAMAHA_Jim
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Apparently the gov't is upset b/c its civilians are able to learn anything they want by searching for it on the internet.They want to censor everything they feel needs to be censored.They want to keep everyone as stupid and pilled up(legal drugs)as possible. An educated and free thinking society is not what our illuminati gov't wants.I say F*** the gov't and the illuminati that controls them.Actually it doesnt matter what any of us say but I'm still interested to know how you feel.I'll fight for my life and the people in this country but our gov't can kiss my arse.

350XJEDI
01-18-2012, 07:12 PM
that sounds about right , just keep us dumb and dependent on the gov. and we won't comlain, that aint gonna work ,I may be stupid ,but I will die free...

Dirtcrasher
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I told my doctor yesterday that I did not want a flu shot, he asked me why, puzzled. I said "who the hell knows what there really putting in there, I don't trust the government". He smiled and discounted my fears.

I will still NOT be getting a flu shot.............

YAMAHA_Jim
01-18-2012, 07:25 PM
good for you,No shots and no pills are required to live life.

Mosh
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I have been saying, and you can prolly search my posts for the last 6 years or so....

It is time to HIT the RESET button on America..The whole damn system needs an enima.

Everything starting at the school level all the way up to industry, goverment, Hollywood...All of it.
There are all dicks, and if their lips are moving, they are lying.
I dont vote..It is no use. The next guy is worst than the last..They put these people in office that are so far disconnected from reality, they dont know what a gallon of milk or gas costs, because they have had some poor trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro filling their cars and grocery shopping for 4.50$ and hour for the last 10 years.

Seriously..We need good old blue collar everyday people in office.. People that know what it is like to try to struggle through this existence.
Wait till the good old US government has your cars wired WIFI...It is coming...They will shut you down with the push of a button, and track everything you say, everywhere you go, right down to how fast you drive there..Tickets and emissions failure citations will be issued via EMAIL..Trust me it's coming.

threewheelin-feelin
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I have been saying, and you can prolly search my posts for the last 6 years or so....

It is time to HIT the RESET button on America..The whole damn system needs an enima.

Everything starting at the school level all the way up to industry, goverment, Hollywood...All of it.
There are all dicks, and if their lips are moving, they are lying.
I dont vote..It is no use. The next guy is worst than the last..They put these people in office that are so far disconnected from reality, they dont know what a gallon of milk or gas costs, because they have had some poor trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro filling their cars and grocery shopping for 4.50$ and hour for the last 10 years.

Seriously..We need good old blue collar everyday people in office.. People that know what it is like to try to struggle through this existence.
Wait till the good old US government has your cars wired WIFI...It is coming...They will shut you down with the push of a button, and track everything you say, everywhere you go, right down to how fast you drive there..Tickets and emissions failure citations will be issued via EMAIL..Trust me it's coming.

everything you just said is true...and america lets the government do it...and always will

Mr_RPM
01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I agree, Time to dump the Tea in the Harbor!

Swinger
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I told my doctor yesterday that I did not want a flu shot, he asked me why, puzzled. I said "who the hell knows what there really putting in there, I don't trust the government". He smiled and discounted my fears.

I will still NOT be getting a flu shot............. I have never got a flu shot and argue that they are putting tracking devices in them and the government will know everything you do right down to when you go to the bathroom. Everyone thinks Im crazy.....true but how crazy is all the crap that they do to us blue collar boys. I wish it was like cave man days sometimes or at least the old west. Then again I am crazy!!!

Billy Golightly
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
The censorship and control the government has on everyday citizens has absolutely gone spinning out of control. I've mentioned a few times my favorite book is Atlas Shrugged. It documented pretty much exactly everything that is happening 50 years ago. Unfortunately, the book has a good ending and I doubt we do.

Mr_RPM
01-19-2012, 12:31 AM
While this whole ordeal may not be as serious as i make it sound this is how i feel, To me this is the start of government taking things from us to gain power. The internet is a great way to communicate with large amounts of people who you might not even know (like this site).
It gives us power to form ideas and work together, something The government does not want us to have. we have recently seen the potential of social networks and what social networks have done In Egypt and that power is greatly increased here where the internets power is much larger. we can talk to the world with our phone these days. I think the government wants to slowly take away our tools and our tool to communicate is one of the very first. A big reason the american revolutionary war was a win was the colonies ability to communicate quickly. There were men who would ride on horse back at night to quickly travel under Britain's noses and deliver news papers to spread word on whats going on and got everyone involved. (which became the start to the US mail) The internet today could serve that same duty and the government wants that stopped. After that they could start much more damaging bills that could sneak right passed the people without the ability to communicate about it. This is the start, remember our history and don't let it happen again. But if it does, dump the tea in the harbor and decide if you want to die free or not!

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt336/Mr_RPM/funnymeme.jpg

fabiodriven
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't know what to say, you guys have said it all. I agree with every last thing that has been written in this thread right down to the flu shot. I denied it as well. They thought I was scared of the needle. They had no clue as to why I wouldn't want their "medicine".

RapidRick
01-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Everything starting at the school level all the way up to industry, goverment, Hollywood...

I'll take exception to that thank you, my second career after retiring (25 years in private industry and running my own business(s)) is a high school science teacher and I purposely teach to let the students make up there minds for themselves as to what they choose to believe based on information they receive from many different sources.

I don't appreciate you lumping me in with all the morons in Hollywood and politicians. I'll take exception to that and just consider the source from which it came.

What I think is disappointing are apathetic attitudes who have given up and just roll over and not work for change, and the parents of students who have little or no expectations of their children to live up to their potential and make something of themselves.

It's too bad you don't vote because as far as I can tell I could use your help.

BTW, I won't get flu shots either. :D

Vealmonkey
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Mr.RPM, I have to disagree with you. The government doesn't want to stop the internet or cell phones. On the contrary, it makes it easier for the government to monitor you. Cell phone, the government listens there as well. The other person on the end of an internet set can very easily be someone from the government telling you one thing and monitoring your responses. Don't be fooled by communication being freedom. The government had communications globally way before us citizens did. The government had televison before us citizens did. Back in the forties, television pictures were being sent from one point to another before there was public television. The government was using Loran C before the public used it. The government was using satellite communications before it was publically available and of course satellite imaging as well. In colonial tiems, communications were different. In this day and age, the government controls communications. Look at onstar. Wether or not you use the service, you can still be monitored as to where you go, how fast you get there and other things along those lines. Whose to say that the technology isn't in every car right now that monitors your vehicles every move? Get wise my friend. People like you who think they are communicating freely, is the governments biggest wet dream. I wish you all the best in your continuing fantasy existence.

RapidRick
01-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Amen, Vealmonkey

Mosh
01-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll take exception to that thank you, my second career after retiring (25 years in private industry and running my own business(s)) is a high school science teacher and I purposely teach to let the students make up there minds for themselves as to what they choose to believe based on information they receive from many different sources.

I don't appreciate you lumping me in with all the morons in Hollywood and politicians. I'll take exception to that and just consider the source from which it came.

What I think is disappointing are apathetic attitudes who have given up and just roll over and not work for change, and the parents of students who have little or no expectations of their children to live up to their potential and make something of themselves.

It's too bad you don't vote because as far as I can tell I could use your help.

BTW, I won't get flu shots either. :D
You can check your personal resentment towards me at the door, and deal with my thoughts as they are. There is no need for you to live in the past about differences of opinion posted on message boards, that has been an ongoing degradation, and kick in the face to me personally for no reason except to enlarge internet egos..I dont know you from Adam, but I know where you come from, and you seem to have others opinions being carried around on your shoulders. But if you want to play judge then go ahead and do so. I know I can't get that high up to even compete with that pedestal. As someone else always stated.."I am just another triker with an opinion" Right? But I forgive, and digress.:D

My point and comment about changes at the school level was not directed at the teachers or you personally. It was directed towards the lawmakers that provide the curriculum, and then force the teachers to follow it. Further narrowing the mind of todays youth by ignoring the history of the world. Of course, you being a teacher that let people make their decisions on what information they get, should understand that was where my comment was headed in the first place.
Around here, they don't teach kids the way we were taught 30 years ago. Instead they teach new fascist policies/ideas and steer kids away from learning the freedoms we should have, as based on the founding fathers of this nation. So the kids eventually dont even see they are losing freedoms as generations progress. If you are able to circumvent that curriculum and get away with it, then good for you. I have 2 kids in school now, and the curriculum makes me want to vomit. But I dont hold it personal to the teachers. The state forces them to teach these things, and they do, so they can keep their jobs and government funding rolling in.

"They" all work through technolgy these days. They introduce and implement it in ways, that the mass public is all oogly googly over it, become mesmerized, and start chanting "ohh's and ahhs''. In reality, "they" have an underlying purpose for said new technology. If you can keep the mind focused on shallow entertainment, it wont search or even yearn for answers.

In this case here, it is the money hungry people worried about piracy and profit loss, and group of people wanting to dumb down this nation even further by limiting thought provoking information and resources. What many people dont see, is this current global system has met the wall with economic sustainability. Our needs have overcome the supply, and the final outcome is going to be bad. But hey..Keep pumping out new cell phones and Ipads, 3d tv's, and mind consuming toys in general, to keep the mass public from seeing the writing on the wall.

torque
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
i have never gotten a flu shot. i did how ever make the mistake of getting a hep b or c vacination cant remember. it almost killed me, i ended up in the e.r. right afterwards. the doctors told me it was an unreallated event. bullsh!t since the i have turned down every other shot that has been offered h1n1 what a joke. a good friend of mine ended up in the hospital right after that shot as well. i have even gone as far as to not have my kids vaccinated. that is a decision i wrestle with every day. i live in fear of what if my kids get some of the nasty stuff. on the other hand what if they develop serious health conditions.

fear that is how the govs control us. terror alerts health epidimics. guys like binladin.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2012, 02:02 PM
As my Verizon got updated and downloaded something? a couple nights ago at 3AM while I was awake watching TV (it shut off and the cable box said DL flashing), I was reminiscing of the people that say " I bet they can see you through that thing".......

Maybe with a flu shot they can shut US off at any moment.

They certainly know where everyone with GPS is, and I'm sure that GPS will be in all cellphones someday because we can't live without them. Whats it take them?, 4 months for your 500$ cellphone to have a newer version out?

I watched a show the other day where they actually track people in the supermarket to see which aisles you avoid, they claimed it was to see what sells and what doesn't. Isn't that on there inventory based on your purchase?? They would zoom in on random people and watch how they went about there "shopping experience"

Mr_RPM
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Mr.RPM, I have to disagree with you. The government doesn't want to stop the internet or cell phones. On the contrary, it makes it easier for the government to monitor you. Cell phone, the government listens there as well. The other person on the end of an internet set can very easily be someone from the government telling you one thing and monitoring your responses. Don't be fooled by communication being freedom. The government had communications globally way before us citizens did. The government had televison before us citizens did. Back in the forties, television pictures were being sent from one point to another before there was public television. The government was using Loran C before the public used it. The government was using satellite communications before it was publically available and of course satellite imaging as well. In colonial tiems, communications were different. In this day and age, the government controls communications. Look at onstar. Wether or not you use the service, you can still be monitored as to where you go, how fast you get there and other things along those lines. Whose to say that the technology isn't in every car right now that monitors your vehicles every move? Get wise my friend. People like you who think they are communicating freely, is the governments biggest wet dream. I wish you all the best in your continuing fantasy existence.

I see what your saying and you make very good points. The internet or cellphones are not one way tools for the people to communicate freely, its a double edge sword that allows the government to monitor everything. I just feel like The U.S. Government might want to dull our side of the blade and it into something China has, a heavily monitored and censored internet. They have a Great Fire wall that blocks more then we probably know about. They don't want another Tienanmen Square happening and if their was an open internet it would easily be leaked. But i guess your right, we have no clue how free we are or how free our internet is. maybe our government is just much more clever and has us fooled to feel safe but in reality they watch every little click you make. who knows what they can do. scary stuff

RapidRick
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
You can check your personal resentment towards me at the door, and deal with my thoughts as they are. There is no need for you to live in the past about differences of opinion posted on message boards, that has been an ongoing degradation, and kick in the face to me personally for no reason except to enlarge internet egos..I dont know you from Adam, but I know where you come from, and you seem to have others opinions being carried around on your shoulders. But if you want to play judge then go ahead and do so. I know I can't get that high up to even compete with that pedestal. As someone else always stated.."I am just another triker with an opinion" Right? But I forgive, and digress.:D

Like you've stated you don't know me from Adam so what ever you think you know of me is fallacious and you are only assuming you know where I come from. While I may have opinions similar to others I don't carry them on my shoulders and thus don't see where I've judged anyone however you seem to be judging me, quite incorrectly I'll add.

So as you so eloquently stated above, "I am just another triker with and opinion"

Bretmd94
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I like this thread. Its not really government control though, it is the people that control the government that want SOPA passed. The big banks/businesses that pay for elections and pay the media. They control what we get to see and read and how our government is run, now they want to control what we find on the internet as well.

America is just starting to wake up from this brainwashed state thanks to the internet. It is because we can get info from real people that isn't edited. They don't like that, it is a major threat to their ability to take advantage of us.

dcreel
01-19-2012, 04:47 PM
My 7 year old's middle school just opened a urgent care clinic inside the school. The students, their parents or people off the street can be seen, and given prescription drugs for their ailments. They sent home a paper saying that if we are on welfare (we aren't, and won't ever be.. but over half of the school I would say is) federal grants would cover all care.. But if we aren't on welfare we are asked to fill out a credit application (You read that right) and send it to school the next day with our child.. Prescription drugs inside the school, yeah that's a good idea..

Needless to say we are pulling her out of this district and driving her 30 miles a day to get on the bus to go to the nearest rural school district.

This just blows my mind.. There are 2 clinics and a hospital in this town of 11K people.. Why do we need it? We don't, this school district apparently wants some of the free kickbacks from the government for giving these addicted welfare recipients their prescription drugs.. and as tax payers we get to foot the bill... I'd honestly move to Idaho (Ruby Ridge anyone) just to remove myself from the sponges our government are turning people into.. I've pretty much lost all faith in the local and federal government.. Forcing welfare recipients to take a drug test to receive welfare is unconstitutional????? WTF!!?? I have to take one to have a job...

When I go to pick my daughter up at the school 7 out of 10 of the parents are booming their stereos (with infants inside in their car carriers, if they are in a carrier or car seat at all) parking in peoples driveways, or blocking traffic.. Cussing and smoking around the kids.. It drives me nuts and really worries me about the generations coming..

The welfare recipients live better than the people who work for a living..

atctim
01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Although I very much agree with Mosh and Billy - I have a slightly different take on this whole PIPA SOPA bill. This is just another issue that needs the proverbial "douching" at the Washington level. Our laws, such as this one, are all driven by lobbyists. Hollywood, and the recording industry and media outlets are all behind this mess! It is the greed of these big wheel HIGH DOLLAR lobbyists that spawns all the new rules and regulations, thus becoming law, 99% of the time with negative consequences to un-related people, places, and things. Why does this Country need lobbyists? We don't - and to curb these problems, lobbying should be banned. Problem is all of the kickbacks the law makers receive from them. Why would they ever create a law to do away with the very hand that feeds them best? Tax payers keep this country rolling - lobbyists grease the palms of every crooked politician - which is each and every one of the morons who "think" they run this country! [blood boiling at this point, must stop typing!!!!!!]

ezmoney1979
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I've pretty much lost all faith in the local and federal government.. Forcing welfare recipients to take a drug test to receive welfare is unconstitutional????? WTF!!?? I have to take one to have a job...

The welfare recipients live better than the people who work for a living..
Well said. I wont even get started..........

Billy Golightly
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Maybe in my next life I'll start a PAC....:lol:

Scootertrash
01-19-2012, 11:48 PM
I thought these bills were designed to curb copyright infringement? You know, using others peoples work , creativity, etc, without permission or compensation. I haven't read them to be honest. How many of you have? Actually found the bill on line and sat down and read it? Or are you just going by what you hear on TV or read in various forums?

People are greedy becasue they expect to be compensated for work they've done? Are the people who use artists work without permission or compensation thieves?

Greed?? Watch the vid befiore you read the rest of my post:

http://youtu.be/qxfK9etKaIM

First off, I detest any governmental involvement in my life. I am not a supporter of these bills. So we'll clear that up right away.

Secondly, I'm not busting anyones jewels in particlular here. I'm trying to see it from both sides.

Just playing devils advocate here, so everyone chill. (Warning!! Potential wall of text coming!!)

So...What is greed?

EVERYONE likes free stuff, including everyone here. Does that make everyone greedy? If someone offered any of the members who posted in this thread a free, let's say 85 200X. Nice shape, but not mint, may need a tiny bit of work, but basically a pretty nice trike. Would you take it? Or would you tell them, no, I can't do that, It's worth 300.00 I will pay you what it's worth? Well? Are you greedy if you take it for free?

Free music downloads? Why free? Because someone born with more musical talent than you busted their a** to get into the music biz and is one of the FEW who actually succeeded and wants to be paid for their work, but somehow someone thinks they should be the judge of what someones talent is worth? I'm not an expert on the music biz, but my wife was a singer in various bands from the mid 70's up until just a few years ago, including one rather prominent Twin Cities band. I also have some friends who have dallyed in it. It's a tough biz.

Free Movies/Downloads?? see above

We have small business owners on this site, right? How would you feel if someone took your products or services, copied them and gave them away for little or nothing to people thereby depriving you of compensation for your talents? Would they be greedy? Thieves?

Greed in Education? You know what takes the biggest bite out of the Education budget? Salaries and benefits. What's a fair teachers salary?? 50,000 a year with bennies? 75,000 a year with bennies? I mean c'mon, they only work 9 months out of the year, right? Everyone pays for the education budget thru property taxes. Is that fair to those who chose not to have children? What about those who can't have children due to no fault of their own? They get no benefit. The greater good? Hogwash. No one can promise that their child will be a benefit to society instead of a burden. Parents can promise to do their best to raise a successful child that wil be a benefit to our society, but they can't promise it will happen. All we hear about is kids that graduate and can't read, do a simple math problem, or write a simple, coherent grammatically correct sentence.

Guess what all the things above have in common?? Music, movies and education all have Unions. Big organizations run by people who make huge sums of money because they've convinced others that people who make lots of money running a business are greedy.

NEA President Reg Weaver, in his final year in office, received his annual salary, plus what is probably the entire amount of income he deferred from previous years, for a total of $483,868. He received an additional $70,656 in taxable allowances for a grand total of $554,524. The cash allowances for NEA's three executive officers are meant to compensate them for the cost of maintaining two homes, plus the fact that they do not receive retirement benefits from NEA during their union tenure (they do, however, continue to accrue retirement credits from the school districts in which they still ostensibly work, though in some cases that was decades ago).
http://richgibson.com/neasalaries09.html

Is he greedy? Or does he deserve that compensation for "standing up for the little guy"? Or was he smart enough to take his skills, hone them enough to make make it to the top of a liberal, Democrat supported organization, and profit? All of you , whether you're a Democrat, Republican, or Independant paid his salary. Whether you had children in school or not. Whether you support Unions or not.

If people didn't think they should get copyrighted material for free would we have to worry about laws like this? Maybe, maybe not.

Get rid of lobbyists? I'm all for it. Term limits? Yup

Steal peoples work because in your mind you think they are overpaid? Would you like it done to you? I think not.

Full disclosure: I have run my own business and I have been a union member, so I have been on both sides of the fence.

Lord Letto 20
01-19-2012, 11:59 PM
IMO, The internet is a Way of Speach for people to Speak out, by takeing away the internet/Censoring it, than WTF is our right to Free Speach, Right?

Vealmonkey
01-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Taking away the internet does not take away peoples freedom of speech. The internet is a vehicle. Just like newspapers are a vehicle just like telephones are a vehicle. The internet is just another outlet. People use phones to talk and text everyday. A phone just has the disadvantage of generally exposing one person at a time as opposed to typing things on a website that can be viewed by many more people at once. The internet just exposes a person to more people who can judge them as a genius or an idiot at the same time. LOL So by Lord Lettos thinking, before there was an internet, there was no free speech. When I graduated High School, the World Wide Web, was a couple college campuses linked together. Way before then, people were protesting or people were holding rallies or people were holding meetings with others about their ideas. The only difference is, you are limited on how many people are hearing what you see without the addition of a mass media outlet like radio, newspapers or television. But you also on get or see or hear what the mass media lets filter though to the population. It really is a double edged sword at best.

atctim
01-20-2012, 09:38 AM
@ Scootertrash, Copyrighted material such as music for example - I don't agree with - think about this, back in the 1980s a song came on the radio you liked, what do you do? I know what I did, I hit record on my tape recorder and recorded the song off the radio to listen to itover and over again. Should this be illegal? I can understand if you profit from it, IE make multiple copies and sell them, but for personal use? Seriously? What difference is there from that scenario, to downloading a song from the internet, burning it to a disc and listening to it ?????? Without calling you out and arguing, do you see that side of it? Is that wrong to do???? This law is writen so poorly and vaguely that it can be interpreted a couple different ways. One way for instance, is that if some one on This website posted a youtube video with a copyrighted song playing in the background of the video, the government could have ISPs pull the plug on this entire site, for one person's post!!! That is not a copyright infringement in my eyes, but to the RIAA it is, and they want your money to have that song playing in the background!

JayBone
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I agree with you all.

fabiodriven
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I know next to nothing about politics and bills that are tying to be passed and what not, but there is one thing in here that I do know something about.

Doug was talking about a pharmacy in his kids school. What the hell is that all about? That is just not right in my eyes. Our whole country is hooked on "legal" drugs and they don't even see what's wrong with that. People go to bed every night and need a pill to go to sleep. They're unhappy during the day so they need a pill to be happy. They're too fat so they need a pill for that. It goes on, and on, and on. Everybody thinks there's a magic little pill for everything.

Well I hate to burst anybody's bubble, but these pills are anything but magic. All they do is make your problems worse. When I got home from Iraq the first thing the VA tried to do was push pills down my throat. I'm talking within 10 minutes of my first visit to the VA! Right off the bat! I've had my share of fun with drugs when I was a kid, but fellow soldiers who hadn't had that experience thought it was OK to take these drugs because the VA says so. It's "legal" so it must be good, right? I watched my buddy fall into a well of sh!t as he fought with these drugs that were supposed to help him. He had a pill for everything. A pill to sleep, a pill for anxiety, a pill for depression, a pill for back pain, and it goes on. They have no concern whatsoever about mixing these pills either. Just take em all!

The drug companies are making a killing from the general public because everybody wants these pills. It's up to the people whether or not they need them. 90% of the time these problems are in their own head, they don't even exist. But they want to take the pills and the doctors want to give them out. Who wins in the end? The drug companies and the politicians that are in their pockets. They get rich off of the general public's addiction and suffering. But it all comes down to the person taking the drugs to make the decision of whether or not they need them.

Can't sleep? Maybe you don't work hard enough. Put in a full days work and then try to sleep. Your job isn't that demanding? Do some push ups and sit ups in the evening or go for a run.

Too fat? Change your diet. Exercise.

Depressed? Anxious? Again, go for a run. Do some exercise. The natural endorphins your body releases into your brain can fix more than any drug ever will.

I don't know why I waste my time typing about this. The country is hooked on drugs and always will be. It's only going to get worse.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I took antidepressant pills a few yrs back and all they did was make sick.I told the Dr. and right away he had another pill for me to fix the upset stomach,diarrhea,and vomiting.I told him to keep his pills and left the unused antidepressants on his table when I left.Told him I'd rather be unhappy than puking my guts up and chitting my brains out all day. Most of the non organic chemically enhanced food we eat has stuff in it that makes us sick,,,then we go get the pills to fix us.FDA-Food and Drug Administration,,Why would Food and Drugs be part of the same administration?? Eat our food then take our drugs. BS!!!! I had no idea this thread would go in this direction but I'm enjoying reading everyones posts.

Mr_RPM
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Fabio i completely agree! My mother, sister and I all live with a genetic disorder that basically mutates our feet (similar to muscular dystrophy but more mild and different).
Everyday we all go threw alot of pain just to walk, walking long distance or standing for longer then 30 mins leads to alot of pain untill we get a chance to remove out shoes and braces and give our feet a chance to recoup. well They have tried to push pills on me to reduce pain and I wouldn't do it because over time you become dependent to them and also build an immunity to it and deal with the pain anyway but once you stop the pills the pain would be unbearable. well my mother takes a whole fleet of pills to help control her pain. mostly pills that play with your nerves and are not narcotics but she does also have Vicodin. well these pills worked for a slightly but do not out weight the negatives. She is not dependent on these pills (not in an addiction way, she is a good example of someone who takes Vicodin by the book and does not get out of control) if she does not take them she will get very sick and go threw withdrawls. also, after all these pills her feet still hurt but if she slowly stops taking them (in a way she wont get sick) her feet will have a very hard time functioning without that extra layer of comfort from the pills. It would have been much better if she never took them at all IN MY MIND. Something scary that recently happend. The Flu came around and me and my mother both got it (along with tons of friends). I puked a few times for 2 days and had diarrhea but was then fine and back on my feet without any doctors or medicine. well when my mom got it she kept puking and puking and was getting very dehydrated. Well the reason she was soo sick was she was unable to take her pills because she was puking and that just made it worse and it all went down hill. she had to go to the ER where they had to give her an IV and Anti nausea medication so she could dehydrate and take her pills. she was then fine as I was. If there had been no hospital she could have died, sure with the hospital its no big deal the flu is some nasty stuff. But what if theres no hospitals? no way for her to get her pills? she will get sick and have no where to go. Its a scary thought i don't like.

I tackle the pain by getting big surgeries on my feet. they literally cut em up, shape them more like a normal foot and wrap it up for 8 weeks. I have had 10+ foot surgeries and it really sucked but, now Im all healed up and have some pretty decent feet. I now can walk really good, im not in alot of pain and my life has vastly been improved. Im not dependant on anything and barley ever take Advil.
Now my mom finally got her first surgery and is almost fully recovered, i only hope one day she wont need her pills anymore. She is getting old though and its harder for her, surgeries when your 40+ is much harder then when your 14-19 (age of my surgeries). especially when your a mom and run the house and can't afford to be in a cast for 8 weeks.

anyway, being dependent to something is a horrible way to live, not only because your stuck taking crap but if something happens and you cant get it anymore its going to be very rough, especially when the world will be in a rough spot if circumstances keep you from getting your pills.
Im glad i don't have diabetes

fabiodriven
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
You're a smart kid RPM. Sorry to steer the thread away from its intended direction. I hope you and yours get well soon!