PDA

View Full Version : 2012 OTC Race and Event Schedule

TimSr
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
2012 Schedule is now posted:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about939.html

zmpolaristech
01-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Congrats on scoring the Pine Lake TT race!! Ashtabula has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I can't wait to race there!!

Tri-Z 250
01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow thats A LOT of racing!!! I am really excited to see the Harescramble and Flattrack events added. Aug Triathalon weekend still runs the MX same day as the Flattrack(under the lights) right? Thats a man-up and prep your machine to the 9's weekend. Nice to see some interest from some other tracks...I've practiced out at TVland on the dirtbike years back nice place. Sr. what can be said when it comes to racing...you the man! Although seeing me is like running into a regrettable 1night stand, I do apreaciate what you do for the SPORT!!

TimSr
01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Although seeing me is like running into a regrettable 1night stand, I do apreaciate what you do for the SPORT!!

Water under the bridge. We both know where we've been. We both know how we got there, and I think we both agree not to go there again. After a rough 2011, I look forward to your participation in the OTC Renaissance of 2012.

TimSr
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Congrats on scoring the Pine Lake TT race!! Ashtabula has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I can't wait to race there!!

Fellow racer, I sincerely hope you make the effort to mend your broken fences for a more enjoyable year for all. Please contact me - phone or email.

TimSr
01-31-2012, 09:11 PM

Fellow racer, I sincerely hope you make the effort to mend your broken fences for a more enjoyable year for all. Please contact me - phone or email.

My phone is 330-208-2200 . My email is Leadboot@neo.rr.com . We need to talk. Thanks.

TimSr
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Year end awards for OTC Grand Champion series!

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/Posts/trophies1.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/Posts/trophies2.jpg

Howdy
03-15-2012, 11:31 PM
NICE Trophies Tim!!!

Tri-Z 250
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
So, it's a box of tissues for 10th place! and 9 riders get something to look forward to for their efforts. NICE! Most series take it to maybe 5th...Thanks Cycles R US an Sr. for a little something extra to shoot for.

TimSr
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
So, it's a box of tissues for 10th place! and 9 riders get something to look forward to for their efforts. NICE! Most series take it to maybe 5th...Thanks Cycles R US an Sr. for a little something extra to shoot for.

Actually there are 10 of the small participation award trophies. I just didn't want to unwrap them all for the picture, so the top 15 will have a momento of some kind for this series, which means probably about everybody who participates in multiple events of the series. The Big Valley HS is Round 3 already!

Tri-Z 250
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
15th! Wow, if you ever wanted a trike topper trophie, get to the gate in this series. If the weather stays consistant BigValley should be perfect conditions. Love me a good scramble....just not sure how to act if it's not a typical sloppy early April race. Getting pumped if it's anything close to this weeks forecast...see ya'all in the frist turn.

TimSr
03-22-2012, 07:08 AM
15th! Wow, if you ever wanted a trike topper trophie, get to the gate in this series. If the weather stays consistant BigValley should be perfect conditions. Love me a good scramble....just not sure how to act if it's not a typical sloppy early April race. Getting pumped if it's anything close to this weeks forecast...see ya'all in the frist turn.

Great! I'll add you to the list. Looks like we are going to have a couple of first timers. Maybe we can bring out a few of those guys who are interested but just arent too sure about that MX stuff.

Tri-Z 250
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Sr. I'm most likely bringing along a friend...He has maned up for a SmithRd event in the past on his 350X. He enjoyed himself and has been wanting to run a 2nd event(time has been an issue for him). He's more of an admitted trailguy...and has never done a Scramble race ever. Like I explained to him before his frist Smith MX, just take it easy and enjoy the ride. There is NO pressure to get the holeshot or win...it's just plain fun. Were looking at this event as an orginized trail ride, for the most part. I couldn't agree more about ANY frist time event goer...Get yourself to the gate the rest is the fun part. Scrambles are manly events...in that the finish line rush and sence of acomplishment overcomes each rider 1st to lastplace. Like a small marathon a steady pace and no missed moves or mistakes(getting stuck) tends to lead to a solid finish. The keep going and pushing yourself to finish and overcoming the obsticals on the course, will certiantly boost anyones riding mojo.
This is a Golden event to run if you've been on the fence about racing other style events. Once you get out in the woods...other than a few possible bottle necks. Your not all bunched up in a train line. You may or maynot be in a group, and at times your alone. I can testifie to being passed by Pros to some screaming kid on a smaller machine. It's cool and a bit shocking when you think your going fast...and brrrrraaah you get your doors blown off, and gone in the dust they go! This is also a good one for the parents...as the scramble race isn't lots of time between motos. Generally it's early AM signup-riders meeting-lineup-run for the(1-1/2 to 2hr) time-finish...and your loaded with lots of day left to get home.