PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Kawasaki KLT 160 for sale (Florida)

crazybanshee74
01-19-2012, 01:07 AM
New member wanting to sell my KLT 160. The tank, seat and rims alone are worth it. These are hard to find items, as you know.

1985 Kawasaki ATC 160 with reverse and shaft drive

This ATC has been sitting in a garage for the past 5 years with an empty tank and emptied out carbs.

Original owner. Never abused

Needs some TLC

So let's get into the details...
--It has an oil leak. I don't know where it's coming from but it's not a big deal.
--It needs brakes.
--Every once in a while it tends to accelerate by itself (issues with the throttle or throttle cable or maybe the carb ...not sure)
--Shifter has wear and therefore tends to pop out a little. When it does, it doesn't engage the gears. You have to push it back in, then you're good.
--Shifter is a bad design from factory. I never could upshift effectively with my foot and would use my hand.
--The plastics are faded, but in great shape except the headlamp plastic that is cracked.

The good part.... The engine is strong and runs very well! The tires and rims are in great condition. The seat is not torn. Newer, non-rusted tank (has small dent and some overspray).
If you are willing to deal with the few quirks it has and are mechanically inclined, you will have fun with this ATC

$800 OBO