PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto yt125 crab problems please help!!

nyshawn
01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
ok so to start i rebuilt the top end so i know this issue is the carb i have perfect compression, when i start my three wheeler i starts pretty easy without the choke because the choke cable is rusted and wont move so i removed the cable and just put the spring and plug back in it. i had a problem with the carb flooding and it wouldnt start so i changed the float valve and needle fixing that problem but now while i was trying to adjust the idle it takes off even with the idle screw all the way out i sprayed starter fluid and wd-40 around the manifold and i didnt hear and change in the way the engine was running so im assuming no air leaks and i have an airfilter on it but it a k&n not stock. im pretty stumped the only thing i can think to do is pull the carb back out for the 8th time and ajust the "tang" i think thats what its called the little metal tab on the float. the guy who i bought it from had a different valve needle from a lawnmower and drilled out the valve to fit it and bent the tang to fit that, i bought genuine yamaha parts to replace what that guy rigged up and thats the only thing i think it might be that i did wrong but is there anything elts i should check? and it has a champion spark plug i havent checked the gap on the plug but ill do that tomaro morning.

HuffieVA
01-20-2012, 12:21 AM
For the "Crab" problem, I suggest RID... And try to keep the skanky trikes away from her as best you can...

The float shouldn't effect the idle, you may have an air leak making it run rich

nyshawn
01-20-2012, 12:32 AM
what is RID