PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri moto yt125 bogging down in gears higher than 3rd any advise would help

nyshawn
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
the carb is clean the topend has just been rebuilt reeds in good condition, i have the fuel/air screw 2 1/2 turns out it idles alright but kinda rough there arent air leaks spark plug gapped .25, i have a k&n airfliter on it, i took the choke cable off it because it was rusted solid so i took the cable off and reconnected the plug and spring to the carb without the cable on it because the choke was on with the cable stuck. im running 28:1 ratio for the break in of the new piston rings and cylinder. iv fixed problem after problem and i cant figure this out i really dont want to have to take the carb off agen but if thats what it is ill do it but i need to know what you guys think i should check im kinda new to 2 strokes iv only had 4 stroke dirt bikes and atvs.

ironslavery
02-01-2012, 07:19 AM
since you have a K&N filter on it I assume you dont have an airbox. your air screw is also out an extra turn from factory. have you re jetted your carb?

ZZTOP
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Flip the reeds over and try it. Sometimes they " duck bill " and they will not atomize fuel as they should. You are running a thick mixture also .. sometimes that will cause it and one more thing ... check your expansion chamber and muffler. I have literally had to pull them off build a fire in GRILL and let them burn the old carbon and oil that was built up in them out . Then the bikes ran like new money. Hope this " might " help you ... 2-strokes will often build up carbon and excess oil in the exhaust . That is why I am saying burning the exhaust out.