PDA

View Full Version : Lost Digital Photos?

ameben
01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Okay so a friend of mine deleted all my digital photos by accident and I am trying to recover the photos... ………… So guys have any ideas? I am not really to big into recovery... any better programs to use? using Mac os

http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery-mac/photo-recovery-mac.html

wonderboy
01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
On the PC, I've used a program called "Power Data Recovery". I don't know if there is a Mac version, but I highly recommend this program for lost data recovery.

Note: If the pictures were simply deleted, DON'T do anything else to the card prior to using a recovery program. The information is actually still there and perfectly intact. All that has happened is that there is a part of the file structure that points to where the data actually is that has been deleted. As long as you don't write any more data to the card (take any more pictures), you won't mess up the data that is there. The recovery program should have an easy time getting you pictures back.

Good luck.

travi
01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
hirens boot cd has some great recovery tools on it , i have saved lots of pictures for people with the tools , available on many a torrent site.

EDIT: missed that your on a mac , although hirens might have some mac support ?