PDA

View Full Version : Can someone ID this part?? Extended Swingarm 1983-1984 ATC 250R. Now on ebay

roger86200x
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a +2 swingarm that came on my 84 250R. I replaced it with stock when I rebuilt the blown up motor. I never got to ride it with it cuz I bought it blown up...

Can someone tell me the brand and what its worth?? There are no markings.

THe measurements from tip to tip are 21 1/8 and from the center of the holes is 18 1/2

I have NEVER seen another extended swingarm for the 83-84 250R so Im assuming its rare....

I was offered $200 and held out lol....

Thanks,

Roger

atc007
01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't know,but it fits both years I see. Pretty cool !

thestud25
01-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I am pretty sure that it is a Westcoast.

dirtface
01-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, at $200.00 I think you would have been selling yourself short. I have been around trikes for a long time and extended swingarms for the second generation 250r's don't seem to be a dime a dozen. Good score, nice piece.

roger86200x
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Can anyone give me a price I should be asking for this? I am willing to sell it as well if anyone is looking as I have NO PLANS of EVER removing my swingarm again after that bolt wouldnt come out and had to be cut lol... I WILL cut my frame to get the motor out and weld it back together before I pull that again lol....

yooperman
01-26-2012, 09:26 PM
yeah it looks like a westcoast but that blue paint has me wondering if it could be a durablue swing arm, granted the blue paint could be from anybody but the durablue swing arms i have seen been dang near the same color blue as whats on it. hmmmm hmmmm

dirtface
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I have three Westcoast's and not a one of them would leave here for less than $450-$500, just my opinion.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
In this condition it is worth about $150 tops IMO. It needs a lot of work to make usable, and some work to look nice. I would be interested, but not sure what you need for it, I dont absolutely need it, and my R project isnt even running. I'll send ya a PM so we can talk. ---- Jon.

aldochina
01-26-2012, 10:08 PM
^^ he already stated he turned down 200, guys sre hinting closer to 400, and you offer 150!!:wondering one can always hope i guess!!

roger86200x
01-26-2012, 10:27 PM
LOL $150 tops... are you HIGH? Just the fact that its in existance makes it worth more than that. Its USABLE in the shape its in NOW. If you want it PRETTY thats your problem... lol

Its totally usable now and its obviously RARE. I look the 83-84 250R parts on eBay CONSTANTLY and have been doing so for 3+ years now and I have NEVER seen another. If you want TRY to find one ANYWHERE on the internet I bet you WONT.

Basically the people who own these are the ones who set the price, just like old cars, guns, etc. I was thinking it should be worth $500 in its current shape before I posted this thread.... guess I wasnt far off.

I have sent emails to West Coast and Dura Blue asking them if they made it lol... I will post the results.

I think Im gonna throw this on eBay for $0.99 starting price and $650 buy it now and see what happens... obviously with a good reserve lol

If anyone wants to contact me before it goes on eBay let me know.... and DONT INSULT ME with a cheap $150 offer - Im not retarded and Im not into charity because you dont have the money to pay for it but want it.

I WILL TRADE SOMEONE FOR THIS SWINGARM AS WELL!!! I am into guns (pistols, rifles only and no .22s!) , other trikes like 200s, 200x, 250sx, 200es, 250es, 350x, 250r, other 83-84 250R parts like headlights, plastics, rims (not gold), handlebars (aftermarket), seat, aftermarket pipe etc These are things that could use a touch up on mine but nothing I really NEED and parts would have to be near perfect...

PM ME, all I can do is say no... unless you offer $150 then I can call you a retard :lol:

Dirtcrasher
01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
No one is insulting anyone. It's probably all they have or what they consider a decent offer. Many of us get a 50$ part and ask 500$ for it. Had we all seen the writing on the wall, trike parts would have been an excellent investment!! You could have spent 50K and turned some of that into a 500% profit; It's crazy!

Who says the needle bearing bores and seal I'D's journals are any good?

Thats why I turn away from 75% of Durablue axles and such; I can see the wear and I want to use it, not show it.

Lots of these old "special" swing-arms look nice but many of them are not to be run, more for a show trike. Lots of them are bent, worn out, missing parts etc etc.

The collector; Thats who will pay well for it.............

roger86200x
01-26-2012, 11:00 PM
lol, this one is meant to be run and used, its not made like crap in someones garage. Everything is round and not worn out. This needs paint, thats about it. Its totally solid. Youd be lucky to bend it with a press.

If you dont like aftermarket then run your stock ones. Lots of people want an extended arm for lots of different reasons and there arent many choices left short of building one yourself...

I can take more pics if needed as well - its not bent and worn out.

Xowner
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
CLean that bad boy up and take some pictures with a nice back drop and then the offers will increase id say. People that think there getting something are willing to spend more....... is that sucker steal??? if so bead blast it and shoot it with a coat of primer!!!!

fabiodriven
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
No need for name calling. You started this thread asking what it's worth. Now you've got dollar signs blocking your eyesight. Take it down a notch pal.

I guarantee I could bend that with a lot less than a press. Most aftermarket swingers are great for extending the wheel base and also nostalgic value and therefore do command decent money in most cases. A lot of them are not known for their strength however. I've personally never seen a bent OEM swinger from any of the big 4, but I've seen a bent Westcoast before.

You asked for opinions and got what you asked for.

roger86200x
01-27-2012, 12:28 AM
LOL personally I dont give a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro what you think fabio.

I Know its worth more than $150, I knew that before I posted. I am tired of people tryin to get trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for free or for next to nothing by saying bad things about it... its retarded. Everyone is out to get something for nothing and it really pisses me off. TO say that its not strong when you havent held it and looked at it is pretty foolish considering we still dont know what brand this is.... No one has been able to say for sure.

This thing is SOLID. Its not cheaply made like the stock pro-link honda put on it. Its way more heavy duty.

I would have to say its steel or chromoly but I am unsure. Its not cheap ass aluminum.

Dirtcrasher
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Oooooooh, C'mon, don't be bashing my bro; He was just stating his FACTS that he's learned over the years. Do you think he's never made a bad choice?? I'm sure he'd be the 1st to admit that......

Many period correct aftermarket parts show up that many people are apprehensive (or broke). If it's in good shape, it's certainly worth more than 150$ (thats how we find our EBAY bargains :D)

Aluminum is not "cheap arse", it's very desirable to many people; Just chill a bit and let people ask there questions and ignore the bad press (but my 20 ton press would destroy it; you brought that up, not me!!)

Ever watch Goldrush? You never know what your gonna get :D :beer

Why not keep it??

bkm
01-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Would you take $151 for it?:lol:

thestud25
01-27-2012, 04:20 AM
Westcoast made swingarms in blue as well. Not just white. You should put a price on it or throw it on eBay. I would stop the bickering now. This thread is going from "Cool aftermarket swinger" to "Bitc*y, let's fight" thread. Nice part and best of luck with the sale.

fabiodriven
01-27-2012, 04:27 AM
I am completely unbiased. I have no need for that thing. Just stating facts like DC said.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said right in my post that aftermarket swingers bring all the dough.

I am tired of people tryin to get trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for free or for next to nothing by saying bad things about it... its retarded. Everyone is out to get something for nothing and it really pisses me off.

So this happens a lot then? I should have guessed that with expertise you're showing handling this sale that you've sold a lot of vintage aftermarket trike parts. :lol:

Now back to the name calling, swearing, and money counting.

Buster Brown
01-27-2012, 04:56 AM
I just saw it up on feBay this morning.
I knee jerked and said "Dura Blue" to myself when reading your description. I'm not 100% on that though...
Powder coated , new bearings, and re-decaled might bring $600+ to the right guy.
Good Luck with it!

D-dub
01-27-2012, 07:47 AM
The 2nd gen Westcoasts were blue...and thats exactly what you have.

yooperman
01-27-2012, 08:26 AM
thank ya fella's ya guys gave me some new info, i didnt know they came in blue for ive only seen the white one, ha and who says an old dog cant learn something new lol.

thestud25
01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
So, what is the item number on this auction?

TrickShot
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Extended-Swingarm-ATC-250R-1984-84-1983-83-250-R-Swing-Arm-250-R/250982240277?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=43974&cmd=ViewItem

Link to his relisted part http://www.ebay.com/itm/250982729977

Mr. Clean
01-27-2012, 01:17 PM
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"

thestud25
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"

I bid, he messaged me and told me it was supposed to be a 7 day and not 3 day.

Tking
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Looks like it was relisted.

ezmoney1979
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL personally I dont give a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro what you think fabio.

I Know its worth more than $150, I knew that before I posted. I am tired of people tryin to get trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for free or for next to nothing by saying bad things about it... its retarded. Everyone is out to get something for nothing and it really pisses me off. TO say that its not strong when you havent held it and looked at it is pretty foolish considering we still dont know what brand this is.... No one has been able to say for sure.

This thing is SOLID. Its not cheaply made like the stock pro-link honda put on it. Its way more heavy duty.

I would have to say its steel or chromoly but I am unsure. Its not cheap ass aluminum.
I'm not sure, but maybe if you tried really hard, you could have worse attitude. And when did aluminum become "cheap"? Inform us if you could please since apparently you know more than everyone, except when it comes to the value and make of your own swingarm.

roger86200x
01-27-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250982729977

This is the new eBay listing.

I messed up and listed it for 3 days instead of 7. (I believe I hit the scroll wheel after selecting 7 days)

Like I said, Ill trade for alot of things. (GUNS, 83-84 250R Parts, other ATCs, dirtbikes, motorcycles etc)

IF YOU PLAN TO BID, PLEASE BID EARLY ON AS THIS IS FOR SALE LOCALLY AND I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END IT AT ANY TIME. I HAVE SOME OTHER OFFERS FOR TRADES INCLUDING A 300R BIG BORE KIT.

If there is little interest shown on eBay I may just do the local trade option.

roger86200x
01-30-2012, 10:56 PM
3 Days left on the listing :)

snap911
02-05-2012, 06:08 AM
imho, 227.50 is about all the money for that condition. in the pics it doesnt clearly show the 2 x's you cut in it. i bought an almost mint (few chips and dings) westcoast for 400 if you can get 300 take the money and run.

thestud25
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I know this is a dead thread and a different year Westcoast, but this is the money they will bring if you take the time to clean them up and make them presentable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-250R-250-R-ATC250R-TRX250R-TRX-ATC-Westcoast-West-Coast-Swingarm-/120887330613?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c25724735

bkm
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
What, you mean making it look like you just pulled it out of a swamp doesn't appeal to potential buyers? I like seeing this 3rd gen Westcoast keep rising though. I just happen to know a guy with one that doesn't have that dent on side.;)

dirtface
03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Ya, I like to see it going up too!! I just happen to know another guy who has one without a dent too for the third generation R. Go baby go!!!!!

roger86200x
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I know this is a dead thread and a different year Westcoast, but this is the money they will bring if you take the time to clean them up and make them presentable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-250R-250-R-ATC250R-TRX250R-TRX-ATC-Westcoast-West-Coast-Swingarm-/120887330613?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c25724735

There's a difference between cleaned up and repainted with new decals a55hat. No matter how clean you wash something it doesn't make it worth more. Its worth what its worth when it comes to rare items. Big difference between 3rd and 2nd generations too .... really no point to anything you said.... at all.... theres no comparison to a like new item and a used item that needs powder coated and blasted thats gonna look like crap no matter what. Im so sick of hearing other people trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that isnt even theirs and they are mad they cant afford or mad someone else is making out. Its completely retarded. It was my item and I sold it how I wanted to and got $350 for it which was more than I thought Id end up getting lol for an item that litterally sat under some used tires in my barn for 2 years forgotten about. $350 for something I almost took to scrap? hmm I think I made out pretty damn good.

Dirtcrasher
04-01-2012, 02:54 PM
No matter how clean you wash something it doesn't make it worth more. Its worth what its worth when it comes to rare items. Big

Are you crazy? Most people buy items based on looks, function and rarity (If it's something they truly want). The better it looks, the more it will sell for.

Did you ever notice that used autos/trucks get cleaned up spotless before the go on the lot? There's a reason for that.....................

fabiodriven
04-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Anyone who knows anything knows not to remove the "patina" Steve. Ha! Bozo!

thestud25
04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
There's a difference between cleaned up and repainted with new decals a55hat. No matter how clean you wash something it doesn't make it worth more. Its worth what its worth when it comes to rare items. Big difference between 3rd and 2nd generations too .... really no point to anything you said.... at all.... theres no comparison to a like new item and a used item that needs powder coated and blasted thats gonna look like crap no matter what. Im so sick of hearing other people trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that isnt even theirs and they are mad they cant afford or mad someone else is making out. Its completely retarded. It was my item and I sold it how I wanted to and got $350 for it which was more than I thought Id end up getting lol for an item that litterally sat under some used tires in my barn for 2 years forgotten about. $350 for something I almost took to scrap? hmm I think I made out pretty damn good.

Me, Asshat? You must be mistaken. I am not the one that wanted a mint for a part I had no clue what it was.
You asked for advice, people gave you advice, and you didn't take it. This thread should be a sticky for future reference on what not to do if you have a cool old part and want to sell it.

350xx
02-05-2016, 03:06 AM
I have the same one.